Pics that make you smile

I currently am 6 meters below sealevel. :)
In the Netherlands it's easier to list the places that are above sea level than the ones that are below it. :p

Looks like Vietnam ( too ) will have to spend a lot of money on flood control in the future, this matter of the weather is only going to get worse.

So ignoring it will be a major mistake by leaders.

Even up here in the far North we see more and more flooding situations every year, but off course not on the scale you have down there.

I live +60 M above sea level, even more if you add the fact that i have a 2 floor apartment, and i do all my shopping at the same altitude, so i am safe until all the ice on the globe have melted.
By then Denmark will be a really really small country and most of it will be parts of Jutland where i live.
I live more or less 200m above sea level but nearby there's a mountain with an altitude of roughly 650m that has lots of fossilized seashells and prehistorical sea creatures, which means this place was covered in water millions of years ago. At the rate the climate is changing, if nothing is done to reverse some of those changes, it won't take that long for the sea to get here again.

I live on a small mountain in New England about 1400 feet above sea level. During Tropical Storm Irene in 2011 being well above sea level wasn't much help. Streams and rivers overflowed, taking out dams, bridges and major roads. Whole towns and roads were under water. Entire homes and other buildings were washed away and were seen floating down major rivers. Cemeteries washed away and coffins were seen floating down rivers and found many miles from where they were buried. It took me several years of hard work and thousands of dollars in expenses to repair my property. At least we were all OK.

And Donald Trump claims climate change is a hoax.

Last edited:
In the Netherlands it's easier to list the places that are above sea level than the ones that are below it. :p

Yup, the dykes!
No wonder the movie "Waterworld" was never that much of a succes in the netherlands, al people would ask was: Why don't they make a polder?

Well yes, of course. It is one thing for a brilliant scientist and engineer to predict a technology 90 years into the future, but essentially no one, however brilliant, can ever predict the future consequences to mankind of a totally disruptive technology.
Similar things could be said of electricity, radio, television or the discovery of fire.
Amazing intellect being wasted on a dash cam forum

hey guys thanks for the likes and the trophy I did not expect that I was merely speaking from the heart Monique was one special lady all of her life and i feel really privileged to have been a part of her life ......and kamkar I hope your birthday went with a swing Tillykke med fodselsdagen..........I do hope that is correct and I am not saying something rude ......Ipol

I live more or less 200m above sea level but nearby there's a mountain with an altitude of roughly 650m that has lots of fossilized seashells and prehistorical sea creatures, which means this place was covered in water millions of years ago. At the rate the climate is changing, if nothing is done to reverse some of those changes, it won't take that long for the sea to get here again.
That's not how geology works. Mountain ranges are created when tectonic plates collide, with them either pushing one plate up, or causing both sides to thicken. There are also volcanic mountains created through faults in the plate.

This is why you're seeing sea creature fossils above sea level.

There's not enough water in the world to get up to 650m, let alone 200m. If all the ice caps melted, the sea level would only rise around 70-100m.

They didn't tell you when you joined? This is actually the gathering place for the most intelligent people on Earth. We're saving all our dashcam vids and when the signal is given we will all upload them to YouTube at the same time in a DNS attack on the entire internet, and then we can take over the world!

We's iz awefulee smarts, ain't us? :D

Phil

Well thanks, but pointing out the obvious is just common sense.

Hey, aside from Tesla precisely predicting the cell phone 90 years ago, here are two more amazing predictions from true amazing intellects.

Both of these quotes were first published in 1964.

Arthur C. Clarke predicting the internet, cell networks, tele-medicine and tele-surgery:

Arthure-Clarke.jpg

Marshall McLuhen nailing the internet, social media and BIG Data.

McLuhen.jpg

Last edited:
Well the largest river here run thru my home town, but that's down at sea level so it would take biblical amounts of water to present any problem for me.

Even with all ice melting all over the place i would be safe, that is if all the Dutch flood refugees haven't kicked me out of my apartment by that time. :D

Well the largest river here run thru my home town, but that's down at sea level so it would take biblical amounts of water to present any problem for me.

Even with all ice melting all over the place i would be safe, that is if all the Dutch flood refugees haven't kicked me out of my apartment by that time. :D

@kamkar1, I think you may be missing the point of those videos I posted. All the raging rivers overflowing their banks in the videos are between 1000 feet and 2200 feet above sea level. A number of towns and small cities were either partially or completely inundated with water. You don't need to be anywhere near sea level to be deluged. I live on a mountain and experienced severe damage to my property. Seven or eight inches of rain falling over the course of few hours will do that, especially if the soil is already very saturated, which was the case with the flooding we experienced.

Last edited:
No i think i follow you just fine Dash, and i can surely see the problem.

But here that's not a issue, not even on the mid Jutland "ridge" where a few of our big rivers start their run, and that's so meagre starts a couple of thirsty ppl could outdrink the flow of water out of the ground.

Where our biggest river start you can walk across it with dry socks wearing sneakers.
gudenaaens_udspring_0.jpg

IMG_8959.jpg

I cant recall any Danish river overflowing, but it might happen off course but on a Danish scale, meaning 1 highway might be flooded, and some farmer have to bring in his cows from the pasture they was on.

I do wish i lived in a area like that, but not right on the river, i don't mind if i had to walk a mile or 2 before i was able to use my fly rod.

It seem like what get flooded here most often is parts of our capitol Copenhagen, and i always say its god trying to wipe that evil town off the map, and when he finally tried to do it right he overshot with what became the Tjeljabinsk- event :rolleyes:

O forgot :rolleyes:
looks like our Vitnamese friends need to get a little of the southern US flavor on their cars.

JFwzWck.jpg

No i think i follow you just fine Dash, and i can surely see the problem.

But here that's not a issue, not even on the mid Jutland "ridge" where a few of our big rivers start their run, and that's so meagre starts a couple of thirsty ppl could outdrink the flow of water out of the ground.

Where our biggest river start you can walk across it with dry socks wearing sneakers.
gudenaaens_udspring_0.jpg

IMG_8959.jpg

I cant recall any Danish river overflowing, but it might happen off course but on a Danish scale, meaning 1 highway might be flooded, and some farmer have to bring in his cows from the pasture they was on.

I do wish i lived in a area like that, but not right on the river, i don't mind if i had to walk a mile or 2 before i was able to use my fly rod.

It seem like what get flooded here most often is parts of our capitol Copenhagen, and i always say its god trying to wipe that evil town off the map, and when he finally tried to do it right he overshot with what became the Tjeljabinsk- event :rolleyes:

I have a little stream like that on my property. During Tropical Storm Irene it became a torrent that looked like those raging rivers in the videos and it sounded like a jet plane taking off. Nothing like that has even been seen before around here and it was truly frightening. In these days of crazy unusual weather patterns and extreme events I've learned not to be complacent.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
DashcamDPR Off Topic 4
DrekiTech Off Topic 2
Back