Pics that make you smile

If you want to hear some strange English, go to Newfoundland, Canada. It's a mixture of Irish, Scottish and British accents with a little French flair thrown in. They say toy-de-toyed for 33rd (sort of a Bronx accent), and eyes for I'm (like an Irish ditty). It's fascinating. (I was stationed there for two years in the US Navy.)

As a engineer on a factory ship on Greenland I worked with a guy from up there, was surveying for Orion seafood to make sure the craps we sent to them and then on to the Americans plates was A okay.
Do not recall him talking funny, but maybe those 4 months of working 16 hours a day screwed up my hearing too.

A British guy i knew said me and my M8 sound like we was from North London o_O
Personally i think i speak more American, and that was also the reason my 9 and 10 grade exam score in verbal english was just 10 on the old 13 scale.

Do like the Irish and Scottish accents.

4ca1052ffd5abb558a139e4398c642c0.jpg
Van damned.

I have reading and listening skills pretty enough for using. But my talking and writing skill are very bad. How do i improve it ? :) Do you have any suggestion ?
Personally i think i speak more American, and that was also the reason my 9 and 10 grade exam score in verbal english was just 10 on the old 13 scale.
Your school in Denmark is so great. I have to learn everthing mysefl mostly. And i have to relearn what was teached at school, almost everthing :).

I have reading and listening skills pretty enough for using. But my talking and writing skill are very bad. How do i improve it ? :) Do you have any suggestion ?

I believe it's like I said yesterday in another thread, you are improving your English language skills by corresponding with everyone right here on DCT. And your skills are not bad at all, by the way. You do much better than many others and certainly better than you think.

BTW, I saw an interview on TV with a woman who is now an attorney here in the USA who spoke of how she learned English as a young woman in small village in another country (I forget which one) by watching Sesame Street.

Your school in Denmark is so great. I have to learn everthing mysefl mostly. And i have to relearn what was teached at school, almost everthing :).
Your English is fine. The only mistake you made in this entire post was using "teached" instead of "taught", and that's one of the harder things to learn in English. It's quite common for people learning English to put two and two together and add "ed" to a verb to make it past tense. It works in many cases but not in all, and teach, taught is one of them. But how would you even know that if no one ever taught it to you?

IS is ice in Danish, can allso be a ice cream popsicle or even a larger icecream in a cone, basically its us Danes being lazy and using the same word for a range of things where some may only be a little related or not at all, but in that case i was thinking of Image Stabilization.
Speaking of improving images. There is this cheap way for Canon digital camera owners to improve their lens' image quality :p
tcBBc87j8oA7xYfM5Vyqk8R3TwaSB6G0fFU7mEM-4QOgoIxWH1i9xzqmZ5NHdAUju8DqJNT4CAXSMBa0guMV32rL2az5zWxiVbzdXpQrMDazC_IC8kAk1Y_dplygca981PZ9Cu8kb80WmuhzIA9-n7a8LViA464fZE80hfWOR8NhPO4vQE5mF_QMg-j2Y30_aZDh6As12ZU_bG_L435TrfbMLqgNpjldKPNVrezlngkdpcjX5FeJ78v5RAFmOdVNtllQ0h5n7lHHDPmky5YJOLBXXM_Hr7pbFi5lqN_KE9yTVVt5NOycGARrGPFRNEUGYPwrtOZ4Nfuf-MRRhWf61_3ka6CmXl72gr6Vqb8AON-pg3nJQfk9y02L84pMPdSmfJwr_YXzx1YpELoRPr1pLnNpESMlEmW-XvV8P1aeQube9qXnKELTPFVejRprbnkWr1Lr6xlyuzG9Q2VllWjzIPPry-hg3u6f83fsxq6fDb0c0r1ITRyZ3sA3TWvpjLXTuqIyBz75cXeMbKivgdbcVf6a3rkScTz4CUHudhPyumKTrm7C2V6ZuOHRvoxf9ymDzbODQokmtUziwJhHeBvDYob9h0LcOnRrA_2ecuukREXFOt_7=w381-h1075-no

I know what she is thinking :eek: and i pray to god she never do it.

To me that look like a most fine little thing, and i would not have it any other way.

English makes no sense. We have one mouse and one house. We get 2 houses and 2 mice. No matter how well you speak english you will always make some mistakes. I recall a russian leader, I think it was Gorbechov put the wrong word in the wrong place during a speech. I am positive he knows better english than I do. He got the grammar wrong.

The only way to improve is practice. One key to learn any language is to not translate it before speaking. Start thinking in english and your english will improve.

You get your point across well. While I see minor errors in grammar I do not get confused by your meaning. I only speak 2 languages english and bad english. I can not say anything against someone who can speak 2 languages imperfectly when I sometimes have trouble with just one. I would not worry about imperfect english. No one wants this site to become known for pointing out minor errors in language. My normal typos require a lot of editing. Sometimes my phrasing misses pieces of a thought that I believed I had written but in fact are just missing. Many of my online posts are either 1 edited (often many times to remove typos and errors) or 2 have many errors and typos in them.

English makes no sense.....
It's worse than that. It's more like a language designed by committee where everyone gets something and nothing gets left out.

You can read (pronounced 'reed') a book right now - but if you did it yesterday you read (pronounced 'red') it. o_O
The simple word 'run' has over 80 definitions. :eek:
'Church' and 'lurch' sound the same - why not 'good' and 'food'? o_O
Then 'people' and 'steeple' sound the same but are spelled differently. :eek:
'Two', 'too' and 'to' - HUH!!! :confused:

My head hurts.......:(

Wasent there a American president visiting the Netherlands, and called them the nether regions :D

I think she need a real man telling her she is beautiful just the way she is.
I am not a expert on this matter, but to me it seem like girls have a higher need for external validation on some things.

Have i been there and younger i would have snagged up that fine little thing and left the Xena clone in the dust.
And its not like the big one scare me, i am 6' 3-4" and 264 Lb so the big one dont scare me size wise, but i suspect "it" is from the pro mod class, and i prefer stoc for the purity

Last edited:
Be carefull, young ppl in here.
Just a friendly advise, my liberal Danish ass had a few picture posts deleted.

Back