Pittasoft, when will you solve our problems with the DR500?

Re: Pittasoft, when will you solve our problems with the DR5

The reason I wont buy the DR500 is because of how washed out it looks during night recording. I do a majority of my driving at night/wee early morning hours before sunrise.

That Vicovation looks phenominal at night from alot of what I've seen. Nice find on that video.

Milamber said:
I wonder what Pittasoft would think of this!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMNv0IK ... ata_player

I think if they had a higher quality dashcam playing next to the low bit rate quality the DR500HD produces, it may cause them to wake up... It's a shame they don't listen to their customers, since the design is the best I've seen.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

As I said in:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1332#p13669
"The night time (Vicovation) video is quite impressive for a dashcam. I'm still shopping for the perfect DashCam in my Smart Car. I
was sold on the best bang for the buck DVR-207GS, but then got hooked on the DR500. (compact stealthy size I can slip right behind my mirror, and wifi features)
VicoVation TF2 might be better for night, but daytime is my priority. VicoVation TF2 is just too big,
it would draw too much attention and would most likely result in a smash and grab window break in (parking in the city)"

adamus said:
IHMO one solution - don't buy this expensive crap ;)
buy fe. DOD LS300W for 140$ from ali or for 200$+ for local shop.
Most expensive cams not always is the best

Wow the DOD LS300W looks like a possible winner.

It's about the same size. I like having a built in screen and HDMI out.

Here is some more talk about. So far the first complaint is the wide angle lens is actually TOO wide maybe.
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1025

The in the tread above someone said AliExpress has it as the GT300W
or?
Or even cheaper:

At that price I might be ok ditching WiFi and GPS for the quality

I'm glad I didn't pull the trigger on the DR500 just yet. I'm going to keep researching more! I want to wait and see what other DashCamTalk members say about it more. (and hopefully an admin will add it to the comparison page)

Last edited by a moderator:

Why doesn't everyone upload some video of their DR500 when the resolution quality is bad. Like when you are driving with lots of trees or at night. Edit the video together and we can have a collection.

Embarrass the company into improving the video resolution :lol:

But I do think they have tested higher bit rates in the labs and maybe the chips were burning up or something. Anyone using this for 10 minutes will see the video quality is not the greatest. All of the other features are great though.

flank said:
Why doesn't everyone upload some video of their DR500 when the resolution quality is bad. Like when you are driving with lots of trees or at night. Edit the video together and we can have a collection. Embarrass the company into improving the video resolution :lol: All of the other features are great though.

Yes, flank, I think you're right!

We shouldn't talk about other cams in this thread here, but show examples for the improvable image quality, especially in "stressful" situations! Here's my sample (my daily trip to work, passing maaaaany trees ;)

Is this HD?

http://youtu.be/CVn932mzsGo

My settings: Full HD 30 fps, video compression normal, brightness normal, record file 1 minute.

Thomas

thomaspeter said:
flank said:
Why doesn't everyone upload some video of their DR500 when the resolution quality is bad. Like when you are driving with lots of trees or at night. Edit the video together and we can have a collection. Embarrass the company into improving the video resolution :lol: All of the other features are great though.

Yes, flank, I think you're right!

We shouldn't talk about other cams in this thread here, but show examples for the improvable image quality, especially in "stressful" situations! Here's my sample (my daily trip to work, passing maaaaany trees ;)

Is this HD?

My settings: Full HD 30 fps, video compression normal, brightness normal, record file 1 minute.

Thomas

It drives me nuts when the auto exposure makes the camera jump from dark to bright when you drive through shadows. It's not subtle at all and messes with your eyes. (harsh!)

Here's what this camera is actually capable of! Mio is currently testing firmware 1.1 which fixes this very problem. Apparently the DR500 has some type of sensor to smooth out the exposure transitions. (and Blackvue isn't even using it) He also said someone confirmed it doesn't over heat even in 35C/95F conditions running at the highest bitrate. What other reason would Blackview have to not release an official new firmware that makes this camera perform at it's absolute best?

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=669&start=270#p13814

Mio said:
Video for comparison ;)
How does exposure (shade/sun)
bitrait - 15000000
lens beward - BL03618BIR-WF
exposure - AEC
[/quote]

Mio has done an amazing job modifing that firmware.

What I think BV has done to maxmize profits; notice how I didn't say cut costs, is to use a firmware that was meant for a lower quality camera. They basically just told their customer base that they don't care.

thomaspeter said:
Is this HD?

http://youtu.be/CVn932mzsGo

thomaspeter pitasoft wrote in a letter?
what replied?
;)

Here is my video with some trees. Direct upload from memory card.

I haven't installed the custom firmware yet. Will try soon.

I will also try to search for better trees today :lol:

Thanks Flank, yet another example on why this camera is total garbage unless you put the Custom firmware on!
(please fix Pettasoft! We want an official easy .exe firmware upgrade!)

jokiin said:
my personal view is that they don't think there's anything wrong with their product, I met someone from Pittasoft last month and was discussing the product and they stood there telling me how great the product was while demo footage was playing in front of us on a large LCD, around 47" or so, the detail was very lacking, it was embarrassing to watch actually while listening to this guy tell me how great it was, I was truly amazed how in denial the guy was

It seems, Pittasoft got blinded by Korean super-positive reviews. So for the past year I have been pointing out to my coworkers every negative review and comment out there.

flank said:

Here is my video with some trees. Direct upload from memory card.

I cannot read the license plate in your videos either. I guess ur cam is also poorly adjusted from the factory.

I spoke with a cust. rep from pittasoft and they suggest returning the camera for a new one. I don't want to pay $20 to return a cam to get the same crappy video quality. So anyone else in the US have a video of you directly behind a vehicle.

Seems like the Blackvue hates American license plate. It can focus on the Korean and Aussies plates fine.

I'm not sure if my quality is good or not.
Because its a little bit fuzzy (blurred).

Back