Pixels at night on brand new SG9665GC

Kokes

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello all, im looking for some assistance with my new SG9665GC V3. My girlfriend purchased it for me in Dec but finally got around to installing it a couple days ago. During my first night time test I noticed at least 50-100 pixels at night. This is my first dash cam and haven't noticed any other problems yet. Any assistance would be great!

Untitled.jpg

that looks like it wasn't calibrated at all, or it had lost the setting, maybe not saved correctly at the time, unusual to see that amount of hot pixels, we are working on some firmware adjustments to include an auto calibration function which we will be testing soon

I'm happy an auto Calibration is still potentially possible. It didn't work good enough last year but the new method is sounding promising.

that looks like it wasn't calibrated at all, or it had lost the setting, maybe not saved correctly at the time, unusual to see that amount of hot pixels, we are working on some firmware adjustments to include an auto calibration function which we will be testing soon

Mine looks almost that bad. I've been happy with the v2 we put in my wife's car last year so we finally decided to put one in my car. The first one recorded blurry videos
2zxovlx.jpg

Second one also had a blur to it but not as bad. This third one seems ok other than all the "hot pixels" at night.

Hi guys, i just purchased the same camera and installed it today. Night time, I noticed the white spots as well. Is it possible I can get the instructions on how to fix it?
Also, is there any new firmware out for this camera?

Thanks!!

Hi guys, i just purchased the same camera and installed it today. Night time, I noticed the white spots as well. Is it possible I can get the instructions on how to fix it?

Thanks!!

there's a new beta but next release is still a while away as we have other stuff we're testing first, @Street Guardian USA can send you the calibration details in the mean time

Thanks!!

Instructions sent check your private message inbox

60 seconds might be too long :D

actually we sometimes do a lot worse than that when we get support tickets in the middle of the night (middle of the night for us that is) from US based customers that don't know we're based in Australia but we're working on something to rectify that so we can have more timely support in all time zones

actually we sometimes do a lot worse than that when we get support tickets in the middle of the night (middle of the night for us that is) from US based customers that don't know we're based in Australia but we're working on something to rectify that so we can have more timely support in all time zones
Still the best around

Good stuff and the sooner Amazon in Australia the better

that looks like it wasn't calibrated at all, or it had lost the setting, maybe not saved correctly at the time, unusual to see that amount of hot pixels
That looks like a mild case compared to mine.

Between you and Jon (@OCD Tronic) there's almost always a nearly-instant knowledgeable response to SG inquiries since y'all are half a world apart and one or the other won't be sleeping ;)

Like @Gabacho said: y'all are the best around (y) (y) (y) (y) (y)
Phil

Back