Playing back video with gps/map

kevster

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I'm new here.

I've recently bought a 0805.

So far so good other than when playing back the video in either the default software or registration viewer i can't get any map ie google to display.

Any ideas?

Looks like all the gps files are recorded as they should be.

Thanks
kev

Last edited:
Hmmm, odd. You're pointing Registrator Viewer to the correct folder that holds the GPS data?

Thanks for your reply. The video files come up at the bottom and show gps file are available. So i can make sure how do i point it to them?

Had another try. Gps data is definitely being saved, time matches. Qplayet says check internet connection but plays video ok. Registration viewer says can't open .kml file in google earth, video plays ok.
Also tried Dash cam viewer, get the google map OK, video files load but blank screen and can't see video.

Anybody have any idea please?

Have checked that the gps time matches the video file time. Still the same error on all 3 softwares.

Am i missing something simple?

2304 x 1296 30p 16:9 ?

All play in vlc player.

Dashcam Viewer should do it fine if you're in 1920 x 1080 mode, don't think it supports the higher resolutions at this time though

Bit of progress Dashcam Viewer is now working playing video at 1920 x 1080, plus map shows up. BUT the pointer doesnt' move, i believe it should?
The other two bits of software still same error. As long as one works i'll be pleased....?

maybe upload a file for someone else to check, if the file is ok you have a PC config issue, if it doesn't work for others, likely a camera issue

Ok. Took to work tried on laptop. Works absolutely fine with Registration viewer for example, haven't tried the others but points at PC issue.

Must be some settings on PC that are stopping all 3 softwares working correctly?

Standard windows 7 64bit, bt home hub 4 out the box and microsoft security essentials thats it...

Security essentials finds nothing, checked all java settings too :(

Home hub4 from BT straight out the box as far as I'm aware

I'll do that next, have to borrow one

Tried a latop on my connection, an old xp laptop. Dashcam viewer works fine, but need codecs to get it to work such as VC1.
Connection proved OK. :) Used k-lite codec pack and seemed to sort it.

I don't use windows media player on the PC that it doesn't play dashcam viewer correctly. Maybe this has something to do with it?

Back