Please Insert TF Card

Pokgai2

Reaction score
Country
United States
So I have had an A119 with GPS hardwire mounted on my wife's car and an A119S with GPS hardwire mounted on my car for over a year and recently noticed the A119 no longer powers on (in my wife's car). I tried to diagnose if it was a connection issue by plugging my A119S onto my wife's car GPS mount and found it had no problem turning on. I tried the A119 on my car's GPS mount and it did not turn on. I figure something must be wrong with the A119, so I replugged my A119S back onto my GPS mount and started having the error: "please insert TF card". I took out my Samsung 64gb endurance pro card and have no issue reading it on my laptop and seeing all the files including the last recording when I tested it on my wife's car. The A119s no longer can read my new spare samsung 128gb endurance pro card as well. When I plug the A119s to the computer with a no-data wire I have no issues turning it on and going through the menu, but it just doesn't recognize any sd cards I put in. I tried reformatting my cards with guiformat to fat32 and putting in the latest v4.0 firmware bin as well as resetting the A119s but I still get the same error - "please insert TF card".

I'm going to run h2testw as last ditch effort but I'm pretty sure my cards were perfectly fine prior to this. Has anyone experienced this issue? Also, is it safe to say my wife's A119 is now dead if it doesn't power on?

Hello,

We would recommend resetting your A119S by using a paperclip to press and hold the R button (on the camera body side) for about 5 secs.

Back