pls suggest.

Athena

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
need to purchase something by end of the week.

any suggestions for a dash cam. that records front and back. has great night vision. and will record if you walk away. with car off. for example. if u park the car somewhere and walk away. i want it to record while we are away.

price point does not matter.

need to purchase soon. and shipped to the usa.

Current dual cameras are not optimal, recomend you get a good single camera for the front now, then in the tail end of the year when new dual models is out and have proven them self, give single camera to friend or loved one, and buy good dual camera.

need to purchase something by end of the week...........price point does not matter........need to purchase soon........and shipped to the usa.........has great night vision..

Get something from StreetGuardian, from @Pier28 (USA) or @niko (Ireland/UK).

......any suggestions for a dash cam. that records front and back. ......

Better to have two separate cams. Even better is to have two different front cams and one rear cam. Currently I'm running a SGZC12RC-V2 (wide-angle, good night vision) and a Cobra 840 (high-detail images in daylight but narrow field of view and nothing special at night) both in the front, and a JooVuu X in the rear. The SG sees better at night. The JooVuu sees more detail where light isn't poor.
I move cams around periodically for various reasons, including experimental purposes; the JooVuu had been in the front since the start of December.

and will record if you walk away. with car off. for example. if u park the car somewhere and walk away. i want it to record while we are away.

If the 12v supply of the car switches off with the ignition, you'll need a battery pack. Cams left unattended are best if they are capacitor powered.

do u guys like this model at all?

BlackVue DR650GW-2CH 1080p Dual-Lens WiFi GPS Dashcam for Front and Rear

Of the current dual cameras the DR650GW is in the low end, seem like ppl who had it drop it pretty fast.
I think it is its form factor that win ppl over, but for optimal performance of it you will need to install custom firmware.

you might want to have a look in the sub forum for that model.
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/forums/dr650gw-2ch.118/

Buy two Street Guardian cams or 2 Panorama X2 install something like PMP that protects battery

Of the current dual cameras the DR650GW is in the low end, seem like ppl who had it drop it pretty fast.
I think it is its form factor that win ppl over, but for optimal performance of it you will need to install custom firmware.

you might want to have a look in the sub forum for that model.
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/forums/dr650gw-2ch.118/
You keep mentioning "custom firmware"... That is no longer available for the current models. :(

Back