Police cameras

Hmm. Do they mean the cameras were running the virus or just had (PC) installation files stored in their memory? Probably the latter.

Those evil police! Always trying to abuse honest citizens!!!!!

I'll take the bait, and offer a counter-point...

I guess that can depend on the color of your skin and where you happen to reside.

This guy was a WHITE man being beaten, and it was only made public because of a commercial security camera that captured it, and a store owner who had the courage to make it public. Unfortunately, because this guy was not in a protected/minority class, this will not garner national attention. Had he been black, this would have been a new Rodney King event.

These videos are new, and arrive daily. Not quite as isolated as Dash would have you think.

I'm a minority because I'm white and I live in Houston.

wikipedia said:
49.3% White (including Hispanic or Latino), 25.3% Black or African American, 0.4% Native American, 5.3% Asian, 0.18% Pacific Islander, 16.5% from other races, and 3.2% from two or more races. 37% of the population was Hispanicor Latino of any race.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_Houston

if my subtraction skills are correct, that means that only 12.3% of Houstonians are white.

It's getting to be that way in a lot of cities. but the stereotype of the "Evil white man keeping us down" won't go away any faster than any other stereotype. like @kamkar1 pointed out - how sad that it's easier to smash an atom than to smash a prejudice.

Wow, such an innocent white man!!!!

He led the police on a 38 minute, high speed chase, before this video was taken.
I wonder how many people HE endangered?

"Petrov faces felony charges for ramming a squad car and injuring a deputy, then leading a high-speed chase to San Francisco. He also is being held on suspicion of having a loaded firearm in the stolen vehicle he was driving, possession of methamphetamine and multiple hit-and-runs."

If the cops beat him after he stopped resisting arrest, they should be charged.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/...er-chase-in-san-francisco-20151115-story.html

Last edited:
But, but, but... If policeman would have had and shown ALL relevant footage?
:D

did anyone else notice that in a video posted just a few days ago, they are using WINDOWS XP? support (and thus security patches) for XP ended in April 2014. So it doesn't surprise me one bit that it's been compromised.
They still provide support for all the embedded systems running XP such as ... erm ... ATMs. :eek:

I'll take the bait, and offer a counter-point...

This guy was a WHITE man being beaten, and it was only made public because of a commercial security camera that captured it, and a store owner who had the courage to make it public. Unfortunately, because this guy was not in a protected/minority class, this will not garner national attention. Had he been black, this would have been a new Rodney King event.

These videos are new, and arrive daily. Not quite as isolated as Dash would have you think.

Yes, it can and indeed does happen to white people too, especially after ramming a squad car, injuring a deputy, then leading a high-speed chase.

Regarding use of deadly force, statics reveal 1,217 fatal shootings by police from 2010 to 2012 captured in the federal data show that blacks, age 15 to 19, were killed at a rate of 31.i7 per million, while just 1.47 per million white males in that age range died at the hands of police; a rate 21 times greater for blacks.

Yes, it can and indeed does happen to white people too, especially after ramming a squad car, injuring a deputy, then leading a high-speed chase.

Regarding use of deadly force, statics reveal 1,217 fatal shootings by police from 2010 to 2012 captured in the federal data show that blacks, age 15 to 19, were killed at a rate of 31.i7 per million, while just 1.47 per million white males in that age range died at the hands of police; a rate 21 times greater for blacks.
not to stir the pot, but the per million stat is misleading. to compare them properly, you need to have a common denominator. what's the percentage of blacks who were fatally shot out of all blacks pursued or arrested by police, vs percent of whites fatally shot out of all whites pursued or arrested by police?

not to stir the pot, but the per million stat is misleading. to compare them properly, you need to have a common denominator. what's the percentage of blacks who were fatally shot out of all blacks pursued or arrested by police, vs percent of whites fatally shot out of all whites pursued or arrested by police?

The data analysis and methodology is from extensive research done by ProPublica.

See this link for a more thorough explanation and footnoted links to the data itself. http://www.propublica.org/article/deadly-force-in-black-and-white -"A ProPublica analysis of killings by police shows outsize risk for young black males."

Also: http://www.propublica.org/podcast/item/podcast-the-racial-disparity-in-fatal-police-shootings/ - " The Racial Disparity in Fatal Police Shootings"

Last edited:
Last edited by a moderator:
The kind of white guilt brainwashed data . I'm using a tablet, so it's a little difficult to write, but I'll be back !
Meanwhile read @Gibson99 advice, because your data is wrongly presented.

Enough with your extremist right wing crap. Anyone who doesn't seem to agree with your oft voiced agenda becomes an instant target for your excoriation and insults.

Yes, no doubt you'll be back with more of your usual rationalizations for racism, bigotry and xenophobia. Last time around it was all about your Holocaust denial agenda and anti-semitism, now it's about race.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got to be that "right" time of the month ! o_O ?

Nope-, I use sense, not emotions and hysteria, hence do maintain "on the topic" postings, where NOT PMS, but factual and statistical factors being observed...
Night, night!

Nope-, I use sense, not emotions and hysteria, hence do maintain "on the topic" postings, where NOT PMS, but factual and statistical factors being observed...
Night, night!

Well, then why don't you read the actual facts and statistics being presented before slobbering all over yourself?

Interesting statistics. There's actually been a lot said lately about the lack of data on the number of people killed by police. There is no central .gov database that keeps track of such things. How many cops were killed, categorized into 50 different levels, yes, but civilians killed by police, none at all. Fortunately, there are several websites that use public news accounts to keep track of deaths at the hands of the police. They simply state the age, sex, race (if specified) and link to the media outlet's website for the report. Admittedly the civilians killed may very well have "had it coming" through suicide by cop, or some other violent exchange that they instigated. But, looking at the racial breakdown, it's clear that no single race dominates those numbers.

What is undeniably apparent, however, is that stories that deal with police violence do not garner national attention unless the victim is black. That automatically influences popular opinion to believe that what violence that does exist, is disproportionately geared towards blacks. The http://killedbypolice.net numbers dispute that.

Finally, as to the video link I provided above, I ask you this... Does it matter what a subject did just prior to the start of the video? If he surrenders, lays prone, and has his hands up, is it the job of Law Enforcement to exact street justice on behalf of the Judicial system?

I have no doubt that this Russian kid deserves all sorts of beatings for what he did. But the fact remains, our police officers should NOT act as judge, jury, or (all too often) executioner. Beatings like this lead to multi-million dollar settlements or awards that are paid for, not by the offending cops, their pensions, or their union - but by the tax payer.

Back