Police officer almost curbs it trying to do a U-turn

Mr_roadside616

Reaction score
Country
United States
So this police officer is seen first going from right to left and then apparently gets an emergency call and needs to go back the other way. in the process of turning around the officer his the gas to hard and just about ramps up the curb doing so.

Does seem like bald tires. On some of my cars, though not lately, I have had problems with a light rain in warm weather and it has been warm here. I have read in reddit it could be because the police officers don't want to give up their designated police car and go to a loaner.

Its York region. Money could have been spent on helicopters or other things as opposed to tire replacement.

It could also be a little oil or diesel was spilled there, this happen a lot here it seem judging by the amounts of kitty litter i some times see on the road.

Rain can turn the road to ice ( like ) conditions ...
Days and days of dry builds up grime / dirt / rubber / etc and when it rains = It becomes slippery stuff ..

Only wet leaves and sheer ice are slipperier than a road when the rain begins to wash the embedded oils to the surface, and then not by much :eek: As badly as people drive here I have many times waited 15 minutes for the rain to finally get those oils washed away before beginning my journey. Even the best tires can't help you much when the road itself is that slick.

Phil

I'm very pro-police generally, but I roll my eyes when they talk about their "highly trained" drivers as if different laws of physics apply to them.
And I am seeing a fair bit of bad riding by police motorcyclists now. Definitely setting bad examples.

Edit> May as well give an example, nothing sensational, but I expect the police to set a good example if they want to be taken seriously when they give out advice/warnings.

Last edited:
Back