Country
United States
2015 A129 Duo with Samsung 128Gb Evo Select
Capacitor with Viofo hardwire kit
Wireless remote
Updated firmware today:
Firmware V 1.04
FW129.bin

Great camera for years and years. Pulled the memory card to download some files. The front camera resolution is fuzzy. Lens and CPL filter look clean. Rear camera has great resolution, but looks black and white. May just be how things look out the back windshield. Resolution was the same before and after the update. I tried different resolution settings but no change.

I've had the camera since 2015. Has the camera bit the dust?

I have a T130 I haven't installed yet. I'd like to get the A129 working properly and install it in a secondary vehicle.

Last edited:
Sounds like it is working OK, but needs refocusing after all those years.
Can you post a video clip, or photo/image from it so that we can see the issue?

Wow! That's a super-fast response!

Tried to upload a couple samples, but the website says no MP4 files. Want me to save it in one of the allowed video formats?

Here are some pics:

Attachments

• 2024_0523_175851_099F.JPG
    2024_0523_175851_099F.JPG
    237.4 KB · Views: 16
  • 2024_0523_175851_100R.JPG
    2024_0523_175851_100R.JPG
    306.8 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
That is not too bad, just focused too close.
Probably just lens glue failure, the focus has slipped out of place and needs adjusting.

There are a few threads and videos showing how to sort it, such as:

If you refocus it, do not glue it into place with superglue.

On the rear camera, I have no idea why it is monochrome, maybe press the reset button, then go into the settings and reset to factory defaults...

You are absolutely right! It focuses great on the dash and my hand up to a foot from the windshield. As I move away from the car, it gets fuzzier and fuzzier. I'll look at the thread you recommend and will be sure not to use super glue!

Thanks for your help Nigel!

Back