Power magic pro doesn't stay on longer than five minutes

Lukeman55

Reaction score
Country
United States
So, I installed the power magic pro this weekend for my blackvue (2014 Kia Optima SX)... When the car is off the camera stays on for about 5 minutes then goes off along with the led on the PM pro.

I have the voltage set for 11.8v (I'm guessing that's the cutoff voltage) and the timer set for 12 hours. I wired the ACC line to the interior lamps and the power wire to the heated mirrors/rear defrost.

I'm not sure if maybe this has something to do with the fuses I used or if maybe my battery is just draining that fast.

Any help would be great. Thanks!

Attachments

Hillbilly

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Dash Cam
DR750s x2 DR450 x2
So, I installed the power magic pro this weekend for my blackvue (2014 Kia Optima SX)... When the car is off the camera stays on for about 5 minutes then goes off along with the led on the PM pro.

I have the voltage set for 11.8v (I'm guessing that's the cutoff voltage) and the timer set for 12 hours. I wired the ACC line to the interior lamps and the power wire to the heated mirrors/rear defrost.

I'm not sure if maybe this has something to do with the fuses I used or if maybe my battery is just draining that fast.

Any help would be great. Thanks!
You have obviously wired it to connections with a delayed shutoff Look through the threads and find out how to do it properly by connecting directly to the fuse box

Last edited:

legend921

Reaction score
Country
United States
You need to find some wires that are hot all the time. Sounds like the heated mirror and the rear defroster are only on when the car is on. I would definitely take a voltage meter and check the wires again.

OP
Lukeman55

Lukeman55

Reaction score
Country
United States
Yep, you guys were right, the heated mirrors I changed to the sunroof and the interior lamps I changed to the module 4.

The lamps have an auto shutoff and the mirrors only work when the button is pressed. Thanks for the help!