Powertech portable power centre 42AH vs Blackvue b-124

Ok just thought 6000mah vs 42000mah & cheaper price lol. thankyou for your help il got the b-124 then. Also can you please give a little more insight if able in what you mean by wrong type of battery please.

The 42,000 mAh thing is completely bogus. My reason for that belief is as follows.

1.) LiIon cells charge to 4.2v per cell but are nominal at 3.7v and can be safely discharged to approximately 3 volts. They rate output at 9v - 12.6v so they are using a 3s (three batteries in series) configuration. Keep in mind that your camera will not run on 9v so not much usable voltage will be produced. When the battery normalizes at 3.7v it will output only 11.1 volts.

2.) they claim 42 Amps @ 3.7 volts, keep in mind the low voltage rating. A expensive lithium cell will hold 3,500 - 3,600 mAh. For the price I'll be generous and say that they use cells with a 3,000 mAh rating batteries. You'd need to have multiple batteries in parallel to to increase the capacity. To achieve 40 Amp hours you'd need 14 batteries in parallel!! Why are they rating the batteries in a 1s14p (14 batteries). A 3s5p (15 batteries) configuration would make more sense but would only equal 15 Ah or 15,000 mAh as they like bigger numbers.

The trickery automatically disqualifies this as a decent product in my book. That rating at 11.1v would need 42 batteries.

The 42,000 mAh thing is completely bogus. My reason for that belief is as follows.

1.) LiIon cells charge to 4.2v per cell but are nominal at 3.7v and can be safely discharged to approximately 3 volts. They rate output at 9v - 12.6v so they are using a 3s (three batteries in series) configuration. Keep in mind that your camera will not run on 9v so not much usable voltage will be produced. When the battery normalizes at 3.7v it will output only 11.1 volts.

2.) they claim 42 Amps @ 3.7 volts, keep in mind the low voltage rating. A expensive lithium cell will hold 3,500 - 3,600 mAh. For the price I'll be generous and say that they use cells with a 3,000 mAh rating batteries. You'd need to have multiple batteries in parallel to to increase the capacity. To achieve 40 Amp hours you'd need 14 batteries in parallel!! Why are they rating the batteries in a 1s14p (14 batteries). A 3s5p (15 batteries) configuration would make more sense but would only equal 15 Ah or 15,000 mAh as they like bigger numbers.

The trickery automatically disqualifies this as a decent product in my book. That rating at 11.1v would need 42 batteries.
Thanks lucky I went with blackvue b-124 + expansion only thing I didn't like was no usb port
To keep portable wifi charging in park mode for cloud backup.

Thanks lucky I went with blackvue b-124 + expansion only thing I didn't like was no usb port
To keep portable wifi charging in park mode for cloud backup.
If you really need USB, you can always add a cigarette outlet splitter and have a usb charger plugged into one. That way you can quick charge if you are using an Android phone.

I am in the process of making my own extension battery. It should come up to approximately 11,500 added mAh. It costed under $40 for all the parts.

Might this portable power solution provide a good option?
Deal: POWEROAK 400Wh Portable Power Solar Generator Lithium ion power supply for Emergency Camping backup power source with 300W DC/AC Power Inverter,12V Car DC/AC/USB Outputs, Charged by Solar Panel/AC/Car https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/B07N423HLH

Back