Powerucc Panorama2

Panorama2 beats other sony exmor competitors wich maybe the same good video quality, but it has touch screen, capacitor, choice of using 12v or 5v, wide angle lens 154degree with clear focused readings on sides, very quick start-recording ( approx 3-4sec when warm, or 5-6 sec from cold ), same time for gps lock. One of the most sensitive motion detection recordings. High quality built with cpu board and cmos sensor shielded from electromagnetic field. Stable firmware, after half year use mine never crashed except when I first time did wrong way firmware upgrade at home using 5v microusb port to power up insread of 12v in car power. This was purely my own mistake, thats why I highlighted in red warning above how not to do :).

Have you tried running the cam from both power sources in the car? Interesting that they would offer this unusual choice of 5V or 12V yet weird that you can brick the camera doing a FW update using the 5V option!

Yes. I tried both power sockets.
Actually having two power sources is advantage.
Via 5v micro usb port you can use dash camera at home ( mobile phones chargers ) as a surveillance for example, or connect to tv via av cable and view video files, etc.
For firmware upgrade need to use only 12v port, not 5v micro usb. Probably firmware is set / built the way that for properly upgrading firmware, device need to use higher voltage.

It's clear that you're very positive about your Panorama2 dashcam and that's OK of course. Good that you made the right choice and that you're glad with your dashcam.

However, to claim that having two power sources, 5V mini usb (for power from cigaret lighter) and 12V for firmware upgrade is an advantage, is of course rubbish!
This way you could call every function or option from this dashcam an advantage, compared to other cams....

Sorry, not to attack you, but this is my opinion.

Actually Niko says it's Micro USB not the more common Mini USB (for dash cams I mean). It's certainly not a disadvantage (5V, 12V) other than the ability to brick your camera!

You're right, it's not a disadvantage. ;)

But, I must say that powering and upgrading the firmware of a camera, by just connecting to an usb port and without the chance to brick the camera, is a bit easier and less confusing, imho...

However, to claim that having two power sources, 5V mini usb (for power from cigaret lighter) and 12V for firmware upgrade is an advantage, is of course rubbish!

the 12v input is not something exclusive for firmware updates, the 12v input allows you to power directly from the vehicle so you can hardwire without the need for adapters, for people that want to take power from a mirror or interior light etc it's a big advantage

Sorry, my bad!
Now I see what you mean. This is more or less an advantage. However, powering by 5V mini usb is still handy as a universal connection and when you have to use the dashcam (or in our case to use more dashcams) in several different cars.

Problem with only 12V powering is, that using dashcam for trucks will be a problem, because they mostly have 24V. So you still need an adapter.
But this issue is not that important, to discuss more, I assume.

Last edited:
It's clear that you're very positive about your Panorama2 dashcam and that's OK of course. Good that you made the right choice and that you're glad with your dashcam.

This way you could call every function or option from this dashcam an advantage, compared to other cams....

Sorry, not to attack you, but this is my opinion.

Yes, I am positive about Panorama2 and it's deserves it. My positivity does not come out of no-where, - all advantages are justified and proven within this thread by me and other people who bought it.
I am also positive about ANY other dash camera or other products that truly deserve pointing out features / options. For example: Lukas 7900 can run 128gb memory card, available to connect to OBD2 ( I like this option very much, but it all comes at extra price of course ), can use CPL filter. Same as I like some Mio and Finevu series uses CPL filters. Papago was one of the first who started using Lane Departure Warnings system. Some dash cams can warn you if you driving too close to front moving car, etc. More and more new features added to modern dash cams and if any of them are truly useful in real life, then of course it is an advantage.

You probably don't know difference of mini-usb and micro-usb ?!

Few real life examples why having micro-usb port is big advantage:

1. Person recording a trip, visiting friends, taking dash camera out from car into their house, using these days common mobile phone charger can playback video on dash cam at home. Or connect via AV cable to big screen TV for video clips playback.
2. If somebody want to see how their pet spending time at home when they are away. They can set panorama2 on motion detection recording, for power supply connect via mobile phone charger. Later will be able to see how dog / cat / mouse / hamster spent a day. What time eat, what time took a nap, took a crap, etc.
3. Newly-born babies laying in their bed ( cot ), they always making funny faces, making funny sounds / trying to start talking, etc. Again you can use panorama2 with motion detection to record all interesting stuff and again for easy and quick power supply can use 5v micro-sub port to connect via mobile phone charger.

and so on ...

There are many other situations where having micro-usb on dash cam is advantage, so I don't see any reason why you call it a crap ?!

Best if every individual person decides for him-self about any feature of any dash camera, - is it practical for him / her or not.

Actually Niko says it's Micro USB not the more common Mini USB (for dash cams I mean). It's certainly not a disadvantage (5V, 12V) other than the ability to brick your camera!

I am glad you understand differences of mini-usb and micro usb and it's truly an advantage to have micro-usb on dash camera ( see my replay above ).
I agree with you on " ... other than the ability to brick camera ", - when updating a firmware. So, not to brick it: Need to follow manufacturer instructions, - thats it, very simple :) This applies to everything ( cars, pc-s, mobile phones, etc )
Almost every electronics related product has few "special" requirements on how to do things right way. There are no universal handling ( one for all ).
For example you can brick ITB-100 by connecting power source into the AV jack, because power supply port and AV port are almost same size, so if you mix them, - you brick device. Who to blame ?
Updating firmware on ls300w ( or any other battery operated dash cameras )- it is recommended to connect device to power source and not relying on internal battery, because if within firmware upgrading process battery goes flat or there will be some voltage issues, - then you also brick device. Who to blame if "you" did not read manual ?
Updating firmware on mobile phone also recommended first fully charge a battery or having mobile phone plugged to wall charger.
And so on ....
There any many samples how can brick something. Most important is to follow instructions, then everything will be OK.

Sorry Niko,

Maybe I described it wrong and didn't mean to offend you! I'm Dutch, you know.....
I didn't called anything crap. I just didn't see the advantage of the 2 power sources.
I really understand the difference between micro and mini USB.
We sell electronics, do you think, we don't know what mini or micro usb is? I see now for the first time that this dashcam has micro usb and not mini usb, what is more usual.
But as mentioned before, this issue is not that important, to discuss much more...

Sorry Niko,

Maybe I described it wrong and didn't mean to offend you! I'm Dutch, you know.....
I didn't called anything crap. I just didn't see the advantage of the 2 power sources.
I really understand the difference between micro and mini USB.
We sell electronics, do you think, we don't know what mini or micro usb is? I see now for the first time that this dashcam has micro usb and not mini usb, what is more usual.
But as mentioned before, this issue is not that important, to discuss much more...

Hehh, don't worry, - you did not offended me :) . I suggested later you probably mixed up something in a hurry ( mini-usb / micro-usb ), thats why such conclusion. Some time me also without knowing more in deep some product, trying to make up my quick "wrong" conclusions, but thanks to other's who explaining and correcting me, - then after I see things differently. We all humans, so it is normal to do mistakes.

About some features / options being important or not I agree with you as I wrote at the end of my last replay to your post:
" ... Best if every individual person decides for him-self about any feature of any dash camera, - is it practical for him / her or not."

Nice reply, thank you!
Now I'm going to sleep. It's already 3.15 am...

Sorry, my bad!
Now I see what you mean. This is more or less an advantage. However, powering by 5V mini usb is still handy as a universal connection and when you have to use the dashcam (or in our case to use more dashcams) in several different cars.

Problem with only 12V powering is, that using dashcam for trucks will be a problem, because they mostly have 24V. So you still need an adapter.
But this issue is not that important, to discuss more, I assume.

just to clarify (we are doing 12v cams now), the cam is actually powered from 5v through to 24v, we have a 12v/24v input which uses a barrel type connector (model number is 35135) and we supply a cigarette power lead with this tip, it's no less convenient than any other dashcam, we also have a USB connector which is needed as a service port anyway, the 12/24 input is via the bracket so nothing to unplug from the camera when removing, because it's 12/24 capable it can be hardwired much more easily, it's a definite advantage and I'm sure we'll see more cameras coming like this in future, decent ones at least

just to clarify (we are doing 12v cams now), the cam is actually powered from 5v through to 24v, we have a 12v/24v input which uses a barrel type connector (model number is 35135) and we supply a cigarette power lead with this tip, it's no less convenient than any other dashcam, we also have a USB connector which is needed as a service port anyway, the 12/24 input is via the bracket so nothing to unplug from the camera when removing, because it's 12/24 capable it can be hardwired much more easily, it's a definite advantage and I'm sure we'll see more cameras coming like this in future, decent ones at least

Solution to bring power via bracket like Min 0801 has, or some other latest dash cams ( GS6000 A7 ), - is very practical and convenient.
Also having 12/24v will open more wider possibility of much easier install / use ( example trucks, bus, etc. vehicles using 24v ).
You going in the wright direction.

When my Panorama2 arrives I'll do the ususal and run it side by side with my Vico TF2+ so we can see just what the differences are. I'll upload RAW files too so there are no concerns with YouTube compression etc.

When my Panorama2 arrives I'll do the ususal and run it side by side with my Vico TF2+ so we can see just what the differences are. I'll upload RAW files too so there are no concerns with YouTube compression etc.

I also support opinion where only putting two products in face to face comparison tests can tell us true pros / cons of both. Will be looking forward for your review and opinion.

Yes looking forward to that. On the fence on ordering this or just keep waiting to see what Jokiin will be releasing (which can't come soon enough!!!)

Does anyone have any RAW files I can check out, whilst my camera arrives?

The raw files from niko are on page 6 of this thread. I actually wanted to quote Milamber first, but on the ipad I cannot paste any copied text into the reply field (strange).

Camcandy even did some side by side recordings with the panorama2 and the ls300w. But unfortunatly he did not upload the raw files, only youtube.

I have uploaded a big collection of RAW video files from Panorama2

City,
Highway,
Sunny day,
Evening,
Late evening,
Cloudy day,
Rainy day,
Night,
Late night,
Pitch dark
Direct sunlight