Powerucc Panorama2

Yes I did that too.

Ok. Lets hope they will listen and make changes. Till now you are the only one i know having this issue, but the more complaints, the quicker solutions.

Niko look forward to when you lay out the nightly video on firmware v.1.11.03

Mine worked OK at first, no resets after stops, then this morning I noticed that the time had reset. I had not unplugged the unit from power or the GPS since I first installed it. Left message for the vendor, no reply yet. Usually it takes a day for a reply. Will post as I receive news.

Niko look forward to when you lay out the nightly video on firmware v.1.11.03

V1.11.03 night video need some tune up, its a beta test version so no need to wait for mirracles from experimental firmware.
Best video quality day and night at the moment is from v1.08.03 and v1.08.05. Please stay with those firmware versions till new officially confirmed will be released.

Good afternoon. My advice to you especially do not play with the firmware. Personally, I have on firmware v. 1.08.05 - every day were glitches, I previously wrote about it. What satellites does not catch on and off when you turn. I had to downgrade to earlier versions 1. 08.03 which already 2 months super. Even change nehochu. The quality of the video (day, night) on firmware: v. 1.06.10, v. 1.08.03, v.1.08.05 is very good, I did not notice the difference.

Good afternoon. My advice to you especially do not play with the firmware. Personally, I have on firmware v. 1.08.05 - every day were glitches, I previously wrote about it. What satellites does not catch on and off when you turn. I had to downgrade to earlier versions 1. 08.03 which already 2 months super. Even change nehochu. The quality of the video (day, night) on firmware: v. 1.06.10, v. 1.08.03, v.1.08.05 is very good, I did not notice the difference.

I totally agree with you, - not to play with firmware until its not fully tested / confirmed officially, thats why I do not share v1.11.03 beta yet.

I totally agree with you, - not to play with firmware until its not fully tested / confirmed officially, thats why I do not share v1.11.03 beta yet.
Thank you for honest feedback.

Dear Holee far as I understand, the manufacturer has released three new firmware v.1.08.03 for each country in which the corrected fixed shift with time when the GPS podklyuchon .

Dear Holee far as I understand, the manufacturer has released three new firmware v.1.08.03 for each country in which the corrected fixed shift with time when the GPS podklyuchon .

Yes, I received the 3 new firmware through email. And I have posted them in the forum. Thanks.

Yes, I received the 3 new firmware through email. And I have posted them in the forum. Thanks.
Good afternoon. Tomorrow I will upload the new firmware v. 1.08.08 for Ukraine from the manufacturer. I will do the test and accomplish your goal on the forum.

Last edited:
My camera came to the UK few days back from shpkorea on ebay. Very happy with it and the service, I did get stung £20 for import duty/handling. My only two problems are the mount being a bit tricky to access and the timezone resetting. It sounds like a fix for this is in progress and I'll have a go at a DIY mount solution when I have time.

Good afternoon. Tomorrow I will upload the new firmware v. 1.08.08 for Ukraine from the manufacturer. I will do the test and accomplish your goal on the forum.
Good afternoon. Result of the test firmware v.1.08.08 for Ukraine: the issue with mixing time resolved. But there are bugs in the firmware. After watching the video found broken file size of 0 bytes. But when viewed by RegistratorViewerB.ehe: movement on the map GPS displays -there is , and video - no. I rolled back to firmware v. 1.08.03. Personally for me it is the most stable and works without glitches.

Attachments

• 2013-10-22 15.34.47.jpg
    2013-10-22 15.34.47.jpg
    538.2 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
It's funny how come your firmware update version is 1.08.08, mine is 1.08.03.

It's funny how come your firmware update version is 1.08.08, mine is 1.08.03.

All "other" firmwares that are not listed on official powerucc website are Beta versions which are for test purpose only, may have glitches ( which is normal for test firmwares ) and as yuriy mentioned. I am testing v1.11.03 but it need more tune up.
I recommend v1.08.03 at this stage. This has been best version til now.
However as we can see, powerucc programmers constantly eorking on tune-ups which is positive sign. Not many companies you see working as hard these days leaving customers in shadow.

I've reverted back to 1.08.03 for now.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Just received my Powerucc Panorama2, and haven't had time to update the BIOS yet. Testing next week. Some general observati0ns --

1. It's a neat, trim, self-contained package. It'll look good in the car. Without that English PDF owner manual I'd be flummoxed, though! :)

2. This selection was versus a Cowon AW-1, since I've had excellent results with Cowon Z2 mp3 players. I don't need Wifi access, though. In addition, Cowon's in the process of getting their AF-1 to market (replacing the current AE-1), which might be a better future candidate (and might wind up in another of our cars).

3. GPS-on-video is a nicety, however, all our driving is on familiar roadways. No need for that, nor even a correct timestamp on recorded video. (The timestamp is more applicable to parking mode.)

4. Prior to purchasing a "real" dashcam, I've been using GoPro Hero2 cameras attached to internal seat headrests, with the field of vision reduced to 90%. When you film from the back seat or attached to a front-seat headrest, you can include other details in your recorded images: the driver, speedometer, any other GPS devices like a TomTom or Garmin. One Hero2 faces forward; one reverse. Older files are overwritten. HOWEVER, there's no parking mode, these cameras cost more than dashcams like the Panorama2, and they need constant attention for optimal results. The Panorama 2 is essentially a "set it and forget it" device, despite the admonition to reformat your SD card "weekly, or at least monthly".

5. Obviously the rationale for a dashcam is that I've been near-burned recently. If my July 3rd accident hadn't been caught on an external camera, it would have been he-said, he-said, and would have cost me $2K out of pocket. Paying a tenth of that for a Panorama2 is a no-brainer, especially since you can cycle older-generation cameras to rear-view monitoring. Parking mode conceivably could have saved us $1K 2 years ago when we were hit in the side in street parking in New York City. But for best protection, we're going to have to wait another generation for parking mode with full 360-degree coverage.

6. 1920x1080 "full HD" is the minimum we consider for a dashcam. Going from 30 to 60fps achieves playback smoothness, but it's not worth stepping down to 720p.

7. (This is from real life.) Do not expect your insurer or law enforcement to have any capacity to receive OR view your important videos, because the files will be an order of magnitude larger than most "non-geeks" can handle. If you are in a situation where you have a created video, it is very important that (a) you don't edit the original, and (b) maintain strict control over custody of the file(s). Quickly identify the material in writing -- date of file, size, length of video, how created -- and make sure the insurer/LE acknowledges you have it. Be prepared to show it on your own laptop (or at least from a thumb drive). Burn copies of your originals to disc and send them to the insurer or LE party for their records. NOTE that many corporate organizations won't even allow videolan.org (vlc.exe) to even be INSTALLED on one of their computers -- and at any rate, good luck finding one with an HD-capable monitor. They'll eventually be able to access the files, but this is 2013 ... expect them to have that as native capacity in 2018 or later.

Welcome on board PanoramaII owner!!

Back