Powerucc Panorama2

Very few cameras do date based file names

Well, my DVR207 does it perfectly, specifically: "year/month/day/filename" where file name is time of the day encoded . Trivial to implement in software. Essential in real life. See below.

Screen Shot 2013-10-14 at 8.29.07 PM.png

Looks very useful to organize files in proper folders

Well, there must be a law in Korea prohibiting suction mounts or something, similar .ch camera package includes the said suction cup!
Screen Shot 2013-10-14 at 9.22.14 PM.png

well, that's why it is nice to have both.

I agree, I have some product that comes with both, some other product I have is only one or the other, depends on the design as to which is the most appropriate

Said it before but there is no one size fits all solution, we do have plenty of choice though which can only be a good thing

Video looks good on sample clips, finally something nicely acceptable. Two reasons I will NOT buy it:

a) adhesive mount. How do they presume you move it from one place to another?

b) poor mount adjustability.

c) archaic, sequential file storing naming scheme. Anything less than the date based directory structure (year/month/date) is unacceptable these days.

Make those two changes and the camera is a sure buy.

Your "not to buy" are not all true.
I guess you did not read whole thread, thats why making wrong assumptions.

a) read #28,
http://dashcamtalk.com/forum/index.php?threads/powerucc-panorama2.1208/page-2#post-15663

they do provide high quality suction mount for extra money, and its not cheap 1-2usd one, but strong hold, high quality Arkon brand which does equipment for Garmin.

Also, as I mentioned there, if you need rotatable suction mount, then GS1000 also fit Panorama2:

http://szsmilin.en.alibaba.com/prod...R_GS1000_GS2000_GS800_M900_GS900_Bracket.html

b) ... so you see from replay a ), - your b) is wrong. Mount adjustability is very good if you would read thread.

Also if thats not enough, there are different ways of DIY, which I also mentioned in the thread:

this here is probably the easiest:
http://dashcamtalk.com/forum/index....bracket-mount-holder-instead-of-3m-tape.2169/

or more advanced:
http://dashcamtalk.com/forum/index....-mount-dismount-magnetic-bracket-holder.2216/

There are many options if you read thread.

@ your c) is acceptable point, - yes, "they" could do extended archaic date base ( like coudl do most of others ), but only very few dash cam-s does it. You still can sort files by date.
So your's c) proposal is silly "not to buy request" and I am sure it is at the very bottom of buyers requirement.

Top priorities of any dash cam for most people are: video quality / reliability / easy of use / price, - Panorama2 has it all.

The 12v power adapter for this camera seems somewhat unique. Does anyone have a source to order a spare? I've been looking on eBay but I'm not exactly sure what to search for.

Yup, same with mine. I thought this was the logical standard for saving recorded videos? I have over a year archived on an external HD and it's so simple to do when the DVR creates the proper folders automatically.

KuoH

Well, my DVR207 does it perfectly, specifically: "year/month/day/filename" where file name is time of the day encoded . Trivial to implement in software. Essential in real life. See below.

View attachment 1694

I'm also for an organized directory like the 027-207 do, just a little detail that is actually useful in the end.
There is certainly no reason not to do it that I can think of, irrelevant of its importance to some.

View attachment 1694

I have that camera and I really like its naming scheme. While I was looking for a replacement camera I tried a few others and I have yet to see the same. It is a trivial thing to program and it makes life so much easier when trying to find a specific event in the past.
Be that as it may however, it didn't become a deal breaker when I was considering buying the PanoramaII.

The 12v power adapter for this camera seems somewhat unique. Does anyone have a source to order a spare? I've been looking on eBay but I'm not exactly sure what to search for.

I second that, I will be moving the camera between my two cars and I'd prefer to hide the power cables. I wouldn't mind picking up an extra power cable and extra GPS when the get around to fixing the time issue.

Are you looking for 12v adapter as a jack / connector with cable, or whole new spare cigarette lighter charger cable like original that comes in the box ?

The Camera arrived today. I was only able to take it out for a short night cruise. I was impressed with the detail in darkness with only car lights on. It looks even better with high beams on. On the other hand I wasn't too impressed with the freeway drive, car lights and traffic lights were too bright and show like mini-suns on video. I probably expected too much, not the fault of the camera. It's adequate.
I look forward to checking out the day quality.

Time to skim through the thread again, I'm certain that some things will be more relevant now requiring more attention.

I second that, I will be moving the camera between my two cars and I'd prefer to hide the power cables. I wouldn't mind picking up an extra power cable and extra GPS when the get around to fixing the time issue.

You can ask additional accessories from vendor, - they will be able to provide them to you.
About GPS antenna, - you dont need second one. Best if you move whole unit along with gps antenna connected ( read about time-zone in this thread ).

You can ask additional accessories from vendor, - they will be able to provide them to you.
About GPS antenna, - you dont need second one. Best if you move whole unit along with gps antenna connected ( read about time-zone in this thread ).

What does the GPS it comes with look like, how does it mount?

What does the GPS it comes with look like, how does it mount?

It's external gps module with about 35cm cable and gps receiver has 3M double sided tape, which I proposed to change to velcro type for easy move between cars.

a6.jpg

Back