Powerucc Panorama2

Back on topic, my wife has now been convinced that a dashcam is a really good idea, privacy issues notwithstanding.

Purchased two of the G1W, at $52 each, from the eBay seller. One for each other car. Nowhere near as good a video as the Panorama2, but so much cheaper it should provide adequate coverage, then be OK for rear cam use after there are some alternatives to the Panorama2.

It's not getting sued for a flat tire, it's getting sued for damages because of the accident caused by her actions. Personally, we've got our repairs covered by the following driver's insurance, but could have been killed if this had gone just a little differently.

Not wanting to hijack this thread any more than it already has been but this is my first post on this board and have been following along with the intention of getting this camera as it matures to add to the other two I have.

After reading post # 518, I wondered if their would be a rebuttal. I almost replied much as "jg" did but a first post with contrary opinions is never a good thing right out of the gate. Just wanted to add I am in complete agreement with you and this is an example of why a dash cam is a good thing, privacy issues be hanged,,, you just can't fix stupid and this is way up there on the meter.

...a first post with contrary opinions is never a good thing right out of the gate. Just wanted to add I am in complete agreement with you and this is an example of why a dash cam is a good thing, privacy issues be hanged,,, you just can't fix stupid and this is way up there on the meter.

Hi spotz, welcome to the forum! Jokiin is easily one of the most knowledgeable members on the forum, and on technical issues I would always defer. I might have mischaracterized what happened ... remember, there are translation issues for many members here.

WHAT I LEARNED? If a camera's not installed or not working, it does absolutely no good. The crappiest cam is better than none. My hardest choice was whether to order 2 more Panorama2's, or go cheap... I don't think I'll have second thoughts about that, but will have to choose which car(s) get the "best" cameras. The Panorama2 and at least one GoPro will go in the VW, because that's our all-purpose utility car.

I'm waiting for the police report, then I have to contact the insurance company of the car that hit me and get their OK to have the repairs done. If a dashcam record existed of what happened in front of us, it would help the driver behind (but not us). Arguably, the policeman on the scene made the best choice he could. He didn't see the girl's car in the lane, but could cite the driver behind us for following too closely for conditions. (If that car had antilock brakes he could have stopped, as we did.)

I look at the last few pages of this forum thread smoothly converted into the National Geographic magazine. Do not you think that the debate shift goes from the main theme?

I look at the last few pages of this forum thread smoothly converted into the National Geographic magazine. Do not you think that the debate shift goes from the main theme?
Hear, hear!

Does anyone know when the manufacturer is planning to upgrade the firmware? Previously, it was updated almost every month. Or all of the update stopped?

Please tell me the best settings Lenght and Video overlap for Ponorama 2

Last edited:
Does anyone know when the manufacturer is planning to upgrade the firmware? Previously, it was updated almost every month. Or all of the update stopped?

There has been few beta versions just to see if something could be done even much more better, but taking into consideration present confirmed firmware works fine, test beta versions were not better, so no point at the moment "jump over own shadow" if works fine. Usually most "others" brands upgrading firmwares in case if something is wrong. With panorama2 v1.08.03 prooven to be the best stable til now, except time shift issue for some regions if using gps antenna. On this they still working. Other than that other functionality / performance wise things works fine.

Please tell me the best settings Lenght and Video overlap for Ponorama 2

I set "zero" no overlap, because Its comfortable for me to "glue" video clips later on for long footage. If you plan to "glue" long trip videos,then 5 min is better. If just for security purpose of everyday driving then can set on shorter lenght, its up to individual taste. Just remember that sharing 5min raw video file takes more file sharing website space and time ( download / upload ) than shorter video clips.

I set "zero" no overlap, because Its comfortable for me to "glue" video clips later on for long footage. If you plan to "glue" long trip videos,then 5 min is better. If just for security purpose of everyday driving then can set on shorter lenght, its up to individual taste. Just remember that sharing 5min raw video file takes more file sharing website space and time ( download / upload ) than shorter video clips.
Thank you for your response

I also use zero overlap, file size for a 2min clip is about 140mb from memory.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

I also use zero overlap, file size for a 2min clip is about 140mb from memory.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
Also probably will set the file size 2 minutes

Until Powerucc gives us advance options to adjust the internals of this cam -- akin to modding the BIOS -- there isn't much to talk about. These are changes I would want to be able to do: (1) adjust (reduce) field of view; (2) allow exposure adjustment; (3) adjust recording bandwidth (to put a 32GB card in a 4-hour loop); (4) desensitize the motion sensor.

The date/time should be an adjustment versus GMT, like on PCs. If they're serious about reformatting memory once a week, they should have an alarm reminder.

If all these enhancements were available on a $183 camera, it would be difficult to recommend anything else in the market.

Until Powerucc gives us advance options to adjust the internals of this cam -- akin to modding the BIOS -- there isn't much to talk about. These are changes I would want to be able to do: (1) adjust (reduce) field of view; (2) allow exposure adjustment; (3) adjust recording bandwidth (to put a 32GB card in a 4-hour loop); (4) desensitize the motion sensor.

The date/time should be an adjustment versus GMT, like on PCs. If they're serious about reformatting memory once a week, they should have an alarm reminder.

If all these enhancements were available on a $183 camera, it would be difficult to recommend anything else in the market.

1,2 and 4 would make this camera worth to me a lot more than $200.

I can't make up my mind between HD @ 60 fps or Full HD @ 30 fps. More detail or better video flow? I can't see much difference between the two but the 60 fps may catch something with less blur. What do you guys prefer?

I can't make up my mind between HD @ 60 fps or Full HD @ 30 fps. More detail or better video flow? I can't see much difference between the two but the 60 fps may catch something with less blur. What do you guys prefer?

NON of the mass production dash cams known to this forum on the market have real 60fps. It is marketing trick I think started by dod ( ls300w if I remember correctly? ) to get more attention, but because most buyers dont know truth behing 60fps then other manufacturers had also to add 720p 60fps just to stay competitive. All of them ( 720p 60fps ) have 30x double frames. So best is to stay with 1080p 30fps.

As with ALL dashcams, - never going to be "one fits all". If majority of buyers would request some major changes or ad ons, then I guess they would do something. If only small % of people want some changes or extras to be added, then there is no point. The % of people requesting changes has to cover ratio of % needed to be invested ( man hours / money ) in order to stay at least in balance. Hope you understand this concept.
At this stage Panorama2 is good all-round "install and forget" dash camera that meets majority buyers requirements.

Hope with future projects powerucc can implement those extras that people ask, but again: it all depend on requests %. Thats how all worldwide manufacturers work.

Back