Powerucc Panorama2

Been lurking here for a while and have spent days going through this entire thread.

I wound up purchasing the Powerucc but I must admit, my head is spinning with all of the technicalities of this unit.

Would anyone be kind enough to sum up a few things for me as I am thoroughly confused.

1) the current preferred firmware version is 1.083, correct?

2) to improve the odds of gps sync, plug in the gps module first, THEN turn on the unit. Then, do not remove the antennae if moving the camera between vehicles. Correct?

3) for best results, make sure settings are at 30fps, 2 minutes in length, turn the auto run to "on". Correct? Anything else ?

4) not clear on how I actually view what's been recorded. Can someone clear that up for me?

5) I read something on the thread that the camera captured an accident but that video was not admissible as evidence? Would that suggest that consumer based dash cams, in general, are nothing more that an electronic novelty ?

Thanks in advance for any short, non technical guidance.

1. I believe so
2. not removing the GPS just stops the time losing its setting
3. will work fine
4. try this http://www.registratorviewer.com/download_en.html
5. may depend on state law, regardless it means you know exactly what happened, speak to your lawyer about it, they'd certainly be interested in anything that makes their job easier

2) to improve the odds of gps sync, plug in the gps module first, THEN turn on the unit. Then, do not remove the antennae if moving the camera between vehicles. Correct?

Well, I tried many different combinations and all kinds of setups to work this out. The method you mentioned works great with starts and stops during the day. But unless the camera is plugged into continuous power supply overnight, the next day the car starts the time/date will be reset to Korean timezone. I'm not sure if that happens when the local date changes or when the new Korean day starts. Continuous power should be OK for one night but I'd get nervours for longer than that, it could drain the battery. Or not. Either way, for me the GPS is a big waste of time and money.

... Your mileage may vary of course, I'd speak to the vendor first before committing that kind of money.

something wrong with yours if the GPS time keeps resetting, maybe the RTC battery is dead

Hm... That could very well be the case. The capacitor may be discharging too fast. Stuck either way, sending it back would be ridiculously expensive.

Edit: Scratch that. I just looked at my notes. If GPS not plugged in, the time/date remains accurate so I don't think that it's the capacitor.

the capacitor should only be used for file save/shutdown, it should have an RTC battery on the mainboard or possibly on the GPS board (could have both), I haven't seen inside the unit to be sure but maybe @niko can advise, he's very familiar with this model and also has contact with the developer

Check this out.

q1.jpg

q2.jpg

Thank you..

Item arrived today. I don't understand how I can receive a package from Hong Kong in less than a week and it takes United States Postal Service two weeks to deliver one letter from across town....

Anyway... I intend to hardwire this unit to the ignition of my primary vehicle. I'm going to keep the 12 V cigarette lighter adapter for transferring between other vehicles.

Any warnings or suggestions about hardwiring?

I don't understand how I can receive a package from Hong Kong in less than a week and it takes United States Postal Service two weeks to deliver one letter from across town....

You mean not from Hong Kong but from South Korea, right ? ;)

Correct...purchased from the ebay seller you have endorsed in some of your threads...

shpkorea is Korean seller ( the only authorised PowerUcc / Panorama1 eBay seller ). He sends packages from South Korea.

Have you ordered a GPS antenna as well ? How time zone works for you ?

shpkorea is Korean seller ( the only authorised PowerUcc / Panorama1 eBay seller ). He sends packages from South Korea.

Don't know yet Niko. I did get the Gps option but I now have to search the threads to find the correct sad card for video and audio.

Once I get SD card and confirm the correct firmware, I will set up the device using the menu options discussed above.

Been using my PanoramaII for about 4 days now. I notice that with the 3M mounting, it picks up a bit of road noise and the engine as well. Is this typical? This is my first camera.

Also, here is a shot of what is visible with my mounting. Should I aim it down a little more so it doesn't have as much sky?

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    158.3 KB · Views: 41
Been using my PanoramaII for about 4 days now. I notice that with the 3M mounting, it picks up a bit of road noise and the engine as well. Is this typical? This is my first camera.

Also, here is a shot of what is visible with my mounting. Should I aim it down a little more so it doesn't have as much sky?

Your Pano2 aim is 50/50 aligned with a horizontal line where sky meets the earth, - I think this is correct aiming. Is you car bonnet grey colour or silver, right ?
Can you share raw video file with sound where can hear noise from road and engine, so can hear and compare to mine.

i have taken the plunge and ordered this camera from shpkorea should arrive in next few days wondered if anybody could answer following
1. is it possible to use 64gb cards in this device on latest firmware.
2. was looking at ordering power magic pro so i could make use of parking mode when i felt it necessary but also have the option of it turning on and off with car ignition. i know the power magic pro does this but wondering if there are better/ cheaper options

Ok. I set up the camera today. Interestingly enough, when I powered the camera up, the date was off by 2 days and the time was off by exactly 2 hours...weird.

Anyway, camera came with 1.085 and I am going to leave it that way for now.

It acquired the gps satellites very quickly but I don't know how to get the info off the camera and onto the viewer so I have to read up on that and then I can report back.

I do have one question though. I reading the manual it warns, several times, not to u se any power supply other than the 12v cigarette lighter supplied (12v. 1.5 amp). My intent is to hardwire this to my ignition. Will putting a 1 amp in line fuse solve the issue or am I missing something ?

Larry

Hello Panaroma 2 users! Newbie to the forum here, but have extensively used a Blackvue DR400G-HD with good results.

I'm considering buying a Panorama 2 with GPS, but have a rather specific requirement. Is it possible to mark an individual video? I expect the camera is able to "protect" the current video file when the G-sensor records a large enough shock, but is it possible to also invoke this protection manually, e.g. by pressing one of the camera buttons?

The Blackvue can kind of do this by pressing the button to switch it into parking mode. Hopefully the Panorama 2 can do the same?

Also, I've found the shpkorea ebay listings for this camera, but none of them have the suction cup mount. Anyone know how much they cost?

Back