Powerucc Panorama2

Hello Panaroma 2 users! Newbie to the forum here, but have extensively used a Blackvue DR400G-HD with good results.

I'm considering buying a Panorama 2 with GPS, but have a rather specific requirement. Is it possible to mark an individual video? I expect the camera is able to "protect" the current video file when the G-sensor records a large enough shock, but is it possible to also invoke this protection manually, e.g. by pressing one of the camera buttons?

The Blackvue can kind of do this by pressing the button to switch it into parking mode. Hopefully the Panorama 2 can do the same?

Also, I've found the shpkorea ebay listings for this camera, but none of them have the suction cup mount. Anyone know how much they cost?

Yes, it has special "emergency" button ( triangle shape on the photos of the front panel ). During driving if you press it, it will save file into "Locked" folder.
Alternative mount options were discussed earlier. There are two options of suction mount and also many options of DIY magnetic bracket.

You can use any GS1000 bracket:

http://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale?SearchText=gs1000+mount&catId=&initiative_id=SB_20131119223435

Or do your own DIY like I did for quick mount / discmount:

http://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/diy-magnetic-bracket-mount-holder-instead-of-3m-tape.2169/

http://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/blindfolded-quick-mount-dismount-magnetic-bracket-holder.2216/

I think your Pano2 vertical alignment is perfect, especially benefit is white bonnet. If it would be black, then dashcam would start adjusting AWB ( auto white balance ) according to proportion of white and black area on the overall picture and can "overkill" some time with white balance. But in your case I guess white bonnet gives good balance between lighter colours of the sky( above horizontal line ) and below horizontal line ( road, cars, vs part of white bonnet ).

Yes, it has special "emergency" button ( triangle shape on the photos of the front panel ). During driving if you press it, it will save file into "Locked" folder.
Alternative mount options were discussed earlier. There are two options of suction mount and also many options of DIY magnetic bracket.

You can use any GS1000 bracket:

http://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale?SearchText=gs1000 mount&catId=&initiative_id=SB_20131119223435

Or do your own DIY like I did for quick mount / discmount:

http://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/diy-magnetic-bracket-mount-holder-instead-of-3m-tape.2169/

http://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/blindfolded-quick-mount-dismount-magnetic-bracket-holder.2216/
Good afternoon. Nico how much you have left fixing delivery

Good afternoon. Nico how much you have left fixing delivery

You mean how much was shipping cost or how long was delivery time ?

cost of delivery

Shipping was free. I checked there, to Ukraine postage is also free ( standart economy package )

I think your Pano2 vertical alignment is perfect, especially benefit is white bonnet. If it would be black, then dashcam would start adjusting AWB ( auto white balance ) according to proportion of white and black area on the overall picture and can "overkill" some time with white balance. But in your case I guess white bonnet gives good balance between lighter colours of the sky( above horizontal line ) and below horizontal line ( road, cars, vs part of white bonnet ).

Thanks Niko. Does the road noise the camera picks up seem to be at normal levels?

Hi Niko, thanks for your reply - that is exactly the feature I am looking for.

Nice work also on the custom mounts. Probably a bit too involved for me, but good to know alternatives are easy to get.

Good afternoon. Need a program CarRecordPlayerSetup_Matego_Int.msi. The forum with the error . Need Work Program. Thank you.

Attachments

• iIQX9au (1).png
    iIQX9au (1).png
    767.4 KB · Views: 14
Hello Panaroma 2 users! Newbie to the forum here, but have extensively used a Blackvue DR400G-HD with good results.

I'm considering buying a Panorama 2 with GPS, but have a rather specific requirement. Is it possible to mark an individual video? I expect the camera is able to "protect" the current video file when the G-sensor records a large enough shock, but is it possible to also invoke this protection manually, e.g. by pressing one of the camera buttons?

The Blackvue can kind of do this by pressing the button to switch it into parking mode. Hopefully the Panorama 2 can do the same?

Also, I've found the shpkorea ebay listings for this camera, but none of them have the suction cup mount. Anyone know how much they cost?

Yes, there is a dedicated button on the camera that will lock the current video file. There is also a G-sensor that will lock a video file with a large enough shock. The G-sensor was too sensitive for my tastes so luckily there is also an option to turn it off.

Here is a good suction mount that I believe will work (I haven't tried it but I believe this is the one that was discussed earlier in this thread): https://www.amazon.com/gp/B000U0S304

Yes, there is a dedicated button on the camera that will lock the current video file. There is also a G-sensor that will lock a video file with a large enough shock. The G-sensor was too sensitive for my tastes so luckily there is also an option to turn it off.

Here is a good suction mount that I believe will work (I haven't tried it but I believe this is the one that was discussed earlier in this thread): https://www.amazon.com/gp/B000U0S304
He's good but I do not have a rotation of 360

I would not call it noise, but rather normal sound. This type of engine / road sound is very normal to hear when recording on dash camera. You have 3-4 ltr engine ? Sounds like an SUV or so ?

Got it, thanks for the clarification. I have a subaru wrx.

he3at, Ive mounted with the supplied 3M tape and its been working fine.

Got it, thanks for the clarification. I have a subaru wrx.

he3at, Ive mounted with the supplied 3M tape and its been working fine.

Now i see where this "animal sound" coming from watching videos ;) WRX !

i have taken the plunge and ordered this camera from shpkorea should arrive in next few days wondered if anybody could answer following
1. is it possible to use 64gb cards in this device on latest firmware.
2. was looking at ordering power magic pro so i could make use of parking mode when i felt it necessary but also have the option of it turning on and off with car ignition. i know the power magic pro does this but wondering if there are better/ cheaper options

Hi there, just noticed your questions went unanswered.

1) It is my understanding that it is possible to use 64GB cards, you just have to format them to the FAT32 file system before using them. This can be achieved on your computer using any advanced formatting software you like. I haven't done so myself since I still use a 32GB card, but I believe Niko is using a 64GB card in his camera.

2) I haven't found any battery discharge prevention device that convinces me yet. Most of them cut off at very low voltages that already place your car's battery on a deep discharge level. For now I keep my camera hardwired to an always-on power source (with motion detection turned on) and just unplug it when I'm leaving the car for more than 3 days.

shpkorea is Korean seller ( the only authorised PowerUcc / Panorama1 eBay seller ). He sends packages from South Korea.

Have you ordered a GPS antenna as well ? How time zone works for you ?

Played with it for the last 2 days. GPS and time work fine. No loss of time zone and the gps is spot on. I have never removed the gps antennae. It doesn't lose time even if I turn off the power button on the cig adapter.

Now that I have had it for a few days, my conclusion is that is a fun novelty more than anything else. Yes, maybe it will capture a traffic infraction that proves my innocence but then again, only from a head on observation.... and, I hope I never need it for that. If they make an affordable 360 degree camera, that would be useful. Otherwise, it's just entertainment.

What I find interesting is the "stealth" issues. I understand "stealthing" your radar detector or laser jammer ( I stealth mine) but why would one stealth the camera? Is it to make it less obvious to thieves? Are they illegal is some countries?

Finally, the manual repeats it's warning not to leave the camera in direct sunlight where the temperature can damage the unit. Really? How is everyone keeping their camera "cool". Pointing an AC vent upwards? Removing at every extended stop and putting it in the glove box?

I just bought my unit becuase I'm an electronics junkie and I love car gadgets, not because I seriously think it's going to provide any valuable data.

Asked shpkorea how much optional suction cup will cost - $20! Does it contain any precious metals?.. o_O

Back