Powerucc Panorama2

Hello, I just registered and am not sure if this is the right post to use for this so please let me know.

I recently ordered this dash cam after reading this thread and used it for the first time for about 40 minutes on my ride home. When I went to review the file I noticed the second half had a very weird color issue and saw that after about 5 minutes the camera switched to some crazy color scheme.

This happened at normal temperatures (69-70F, 21.1C) and big bumps on the road. I have since tried 3 different SD cards and they all have the same issue and on the LCD preview screen it also shows the messed up image.

Is this something I can fix or did I get a defective unit? I have attached an image that shows the issue. Thanks for any help.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    544.3 KB · Views: 33
That is what I was afraid of.

I contacted the seller and he thinks the same and is going to try and work for a replacement. Thank you for the quick reply.

I contacted the seller and he thinks the same and is going to try and work for a replacement. Thank you for the quick reply.

sorry to hear it but at least it sounds like the seller is working things out for you

Who was the seller?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Who was the seller?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Sorry for the late reply. I bought it from shpkorea on Ebay after reading this thread. He/She was very quick to respond and help me and forwarded me to the developer.

Sorry for the late reply. I bought it from shpkorea on Ebay after reading this thread. He/She was very quick to respond and help me and forwarded me to the developer.

Hope it will be sorted out asap.

After following this site - and specifically this thread - I bought two of these, one for my wife's subaru and 1 for my 1993 toyota 4x4. I bought it with the gps option and the constant power option. For some reason my 2nd unit did not ship with the constant power option but shpkorea has been great so far so I expect it will work out fine. I am running 1.08.05, gps time works fine and I drove around yesterday and today - weather was -30 Celsius with windchill - and it worked great. I currently have video set to every 2 minutes, seems that's what you guys use. I have to adjust the sensitivity, my truck rides pretty stiff and it activates the g-sensor when i hit certain bumps. Thanks everyone for your input on this thread - especially niko - here's a real quick youtube video of my test run.

Gotta make the video non-private if you want anyone to see it...

After following this site - and specifically this thread - I bought two of these, one for my wife's subaru and 1 for my 1993 toyota 4x4. I bought it with the gps option and the constant power option. For some reason my 2nd unit did not ship with the constant power option but shpkorea has been great so far so I expect it will work out fine. I am running 1.08.05, gps time works fine and I drove around yesterday and today - weather was -30 Celsius with windchill - and it worked great. I currently have video set to every 2 minutes, seems that's what you guys use. I have to adjust the sensitivity, my truck rides pretty stiff and it activates the g-sensor when i hit certain bumps. Thanks everyone for your input on this thread - especially niko - here's a real quick youtube video of my test run.

Thanks. It's maybe not that much "input" from me, as much input from Panorama II itself. After many month of use and tests it's deserves my attention and I am impressed from such small company like Powerucc to produce quite reliable product. My experience shows, that: the smaller the company ( and if owners / developers want to growth it ) - the better result, the quicker reaction to consumer demand etc. This we can see not only from Panorama II constant FW updates ( they try hard with many beta versions to improve ), but also brands like Mobius and Innnovv who shows us in this forum that they are willing to work for us, for our need, to develop and to adopt to our needs. Respect to all of them.

I have to adjust the sensitivity, my truck rides pretty stiff and it activates the g-sensor when i hit certain bumps.
Don't waste too much time on it. The current sensitivity settings for the g-sensor are too sensitive even at their lowest setting. I just opted to turn the g-sensor off or my memory card would quickly fill up with write-protected files.

I hope we can get less sensitive settings in a future firmware update...

I did the same: just switched off g-sensor.

Question to Panorama II users: Who has 64Gb flash memory card at home, SD or MicroSD?
I would like to know if anybody want / can test 64Gb on Panorama II.
I got easy Fat32 tool ( software ) to format exFat to Fat32, testing it now. So need other users opinion how it works with them.

@niko I do have some 64GB cards for my photo cameras.
Yes it basically works with Fat32 formatted ones.
But i just do not like the idea to use a card in a (partly) mission critical application when it has not been formatted by the device that writes it's data.
And since the Panorama2 fails formatting 64GB cards into a "usable" condition: there must be a bug into that. So i kepp my hands away from it. Just to stay on the safe game.

@niko I do have some 64GB cards for my photo cameras.
Yes it basically works with Fat32 formatted ones.
But i just do not like the idea to use a card in a (partly) mission critical application when it has not been formatted by the device that writes it's data.
And since the Panorama2 fails formatting 64GB cards into a "usable" condition: there must be a bug into that. So i kepp my hands away from it. Just to stay on the safe game.

There are quite few complicated methods to format from exFat to Fat32 where many users might not succeed. I have good Format tool ( will post soon ).
After formatting exFat to Fat32, you can format card later on inside device as well.
But I respect your decision on not to experiment and to stay on safe game.

I formatted 2 cards to 64GB FAT32 (easy task for a linux user...) ans it worked inside the P2. And files could be retrieved with the computer too, even on WinXP!
But one i tried to (re-)format such a card by the P2 it instantly tells me "unformatted card". Seems to shoot in the own foot.

Don't waste too much time on it. The current sensitivity settings for the g-sensor are too sensitive even at their lowest setting. I just opted to turn the g-sensor off or my memory card would quickly fill up with write-protected files.

I hope we can get less sensitive settings in a future firmware update...
Yes me too, it's a good feature that's not being utilized as it should be.

I am running 1.08.05, gps time works fine

Good to hear that things work well for you. You mentioned that the GPS time works well. That's a bit of a head scratcher because we're in the same time zone and for me the GPS resets the time when the day changes.

You mentioned that you also got the continuous power cable. That may be the reason the time does not get reset. Is it possible that you can confirm that? I'm a bit frustrated with the GPS here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D II / S 7
DGTLSYSTEMS II / S 1
D II / S 9
I II / S 37
alexsoll II / S 263
Back