Powerucc Panorama2

Asked shpkorea how much optional suction cup will cost - $20! Does it contain any precious metals?.. o_O

Apparently good quality, not like some of the ones that fall off at certain temps; but yeah, it's a tad steep.

Asked shpkorea how much optional suction cup will cost - $20! Does it contain any precious metals?.. o_O

Thats not expensive for high quality mount.
It is Arkon brand, same that Garmin uses. Not cheap one.
I discussed with shpkorea about mount and pricing, why he will not offer lower quality accessories ?.
His replay was that he does not want to put his ( or product ) name on the line. Selling cheap accessories for quality dash cams ( or any other dash cams ) is never a good idea.
There has been many cases where cheap suction cup mount falls off ,especially when car parked or goes from cold-hot-cold, or condensation on inner wide-screen or any other scenario.
Yes, you can find matching suction mount for 5usd and in 99% cases it will hold fine, but try to imagine that 1% if in the very important moment where you need to capture accident with your car or any other surrounding accident, your dash camera fall down and you will not have any crucial recording. Later you will be blaming yourself ( and other people as well will blame you ) of being cheap and not spending extra 15usd on higher quality mount. It is worth adding extra 10% to get quality accessories, its only skipping 3 pints of beer in the pub ;)
Hope you understand my point.

I totally support shpkorea way of thinking. I has been through many cases with different gadgets / accessories purchase where I was cheap ( saving / buying cheapest ), but later blaming myself and still needed to buy later on expensive one.

Thats not expensive for high quality mount.
this is a price for e.g. good quality GPS/Smartphone holder, closer to higher level - I can easily find 4.5 out 5 stars products at Amazon.
May be I'm too greedy :) - I expected something like $10-12

Don't get me wrong - I'm ok to pay higher price if it's justified - e.g. excellent customer service.
No offence to shpkorea, but if I buy Amazon and don't like what I get (change of mind) - shipping back is cheap. If it comes damaged - Amazon pays for shipping back. Ebay - usually (didn't check shpkorea) the buyer pays shipping.

Last edited:
this is a price for e.g. good quality GPS/Smartphone holder, closer to higher level - I can easily find 4.5 out 5 stars products at Amazon.
May be I'm too greedy :) - I expected something like $12-15

Of course its up to every buyer individual choice where from and what to buy and how much to spend ;)

Just a quick question, the camera does start recording when ignition is turned on and stop when it's turned off?

Thinking about getting one for my father for christmas :) And that feature is a must :)

Just a quick question, the camera does start recording when ignition is turned on and stop when it's turned off?

Thinking about getting one for my father for christmas :) And that feature is a must :)

These days this is an essential feature on ALL dash cams to start / stop recording upon ignition start / stop ;)

Of course it depend on your car cigarette lighter power in case you will be connecting Panorama2 to it?
If car cigarette lighter power operates on or off along with ignition on or off then any dash camera will start / stop recording.

Last edited:

Which model? I just bought one, still in package, but I'm going to go a different route and may be selling it...

I bought the ? Akron gnxx, something or other...

Which model? I just bought one, still in package, but I'm going to go a different route and may be selling it...

I bought the ? Akron gnxx, something or other...

You bought suction mount from shpkorea, right ?

With both, older and newer firmware you can use 64gb as you can see from video. I have tester this from very beginning. That guy is me :)
The only thing you need to format 64gb microsd in PC from exFat to Fat32.
having formatted a 64 gb micro sd to fat32 when I put it in the camera I get card error using firmware 1.08.05. what am I doing wrong others have successfully managed it. any help is much appreciated

having formatted a 64 gb micro sd to fat32 when I put it in the camera I get card error using firmware 1.08.05. what am I doing wrong others have successfully managed it. any help is much appreciated

I had tested with 64Gb Sandisk while ago when Panorama II was released. On older 1.6, 1.7 firmwares worked fine. After that I have not tested on newer firmwares, because that 64Gb MicroSD I am using in smartphone.
What procedures you did to format to Fat32 ?

Don't know - if you open the dash cam description at shpkorea's store - scroll down, there is a photo of the suction cup saying "Optional".

IF you boght it from shpkorea, then they only sell Arkon brand suction mount as long as I know.

I had tested with 64Gb Sandisk while ago when Panorama II was released. On older 1.6, 1.7 firmwares worked fine. After that I have not tested on newer firmwares, because that 64Gb MicroSD I am using in smartphone.
What procedures you did to format to Fat32 ?
I used a program called minitool partition wizard home. format from exfat to fat32 at 32kb cluster size

Don't know - if you open the dash cam description at shpkorea's store - scroll down, there is a photo of the suction cup saying "Optional".

Sorry, but I couldn't find the item in the description. I will say this however, I don't see how this mount old attach to the camera... But the one I bought is Arkon model grn115 mini suction mount.

Did anyone buy the "power cable"?
What are the specs? Any manual available?

Last edited:
Did anyone buy the "power cable"?
What are the specs? Any manual available?

Another member mentioned the specs in the thread about the constant power cable. His words:

Just an FYI, I got this reply from shpkorea on eBay about the constant power cable:
"Power cable for panoramaII is Multi Safer. shutoff voltage : 11.6v, 11.8v, 12.0v, 12.2v. shutoff time : 6h, 12h, 24h, unlimited."

Last edited by a moderator:
Back