Powerucc Panorama2

Its not fully perfect, as non of the other dash cams or electronics equipment can or will be, but taking into consideration price, specs, functionality, reliability all pros and cons, at the moment i have not found yet any better dash cam out there for myself, for my needs. Of course different people - different needs / views / opinions.

Thanks for the tipps. i got i updated meanwhile. But not much noticable change (at least during day light.)

is there a PC application to view files "with google maps" for this file format?

adorfer said:
Thanks for the tipps. i got i updated meanwhile. But not much noticable change (at least during day light.)

is there a PC application to view files "with google maps" for this file format?

Yes, I have that Powerucc special PC viewer. I will be back home later this evening then will share it here.

Attachments

• Download.jpg
    Download.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 113
Last edited by a moderator:
adorfer said:
Thanks.
i guess i am having some kind of precision/lag problem with the gps. look at the speed at the STOP sign. http://youtu.be/YybxS_AGt5c?t=0m58s

Woow, was it autobahn, 200km/ph ? Great that you have an opportunity to push the pedal to the metal :)
I never looked at GPS speed lag, butI have some thoughts about this and will try mine this weekend.

I guess you have some other separate GPS sat nav in your car ? How its behaves at exactly the same situation ? Does it have a lag ?
In the clip I saw that dash cam gps speed readings were rapidly declining as you were slowing down, but at the stop sign you stopped only for a slip second. Can you try with next test to stop for about 2sec and see if dash cam gps speed will go to zero.

About day time driving with bright sun and nice clear sky I think you may also try to set EV value lower than " 0 ", test and see which value works best for you, because I can see in some places sky overexposed. I had same thing with most dash cams, not only with Panorama, it is normal. Had to set EV value separately for sunny days. But of course it is extra job, extra hassle and if this does not disturb you, its fine to have it always in zero " 0 "

Just a disclaimer, if somebody is annoyed by the sound of the car: This was the drive to the toolshop to get the front right wheel bearing exchanged. the humming sound was caused by that.
No, no autobahn, just a "autobahn-like" motorway which is not limited in speed as well.
For the lag: i have NMEA logs from 2 other satnav devices, but i have to retrieve them (i do not do that on a daily basis.)

Thanks for the program link!

adorfer said:
Just a disclaimer, if somebody is annoyed by the sound of the car: This was the drive to the toolshop to get the front right wheel bearing exchanged. the humming sound was caused by that.
No, no autobahn, just a "autobahn-like" motorway which is not limited in speed as well.
For the lag: i have NMEA logs from 2 other satnav devices, but i have to retrieve them (i do not do that on a daily basis.)

Thanks for the program link!

The thing with Panorama2 is that its recording gps speed in live into the video, not like many others creating log files which will later automatically adjusting to position and speed. There for I think there is a few sec adjusting time / lag on the video.
You can test like this: take somebody with you who would sit and look on Panorama2 and your other GPS / sat nav at the same time and compare gps speed readings "lag" on both of them after you car is stopped. Hope you know what I am trying to say.

About PC viewer please let me know if playing video files, does your latitude is correct when looking at Google maps positioning ?

I had with the GS1000 the lat/lon plus speed in the video with exactly 3s of lag. (see at pos 1:00 ff)

But please don't tell me that the PC-programm is using some kind of OCR to extract the speed&coordinates from the actual video image to get it to display on the map!

niko said:
The thing with Panorama2 is that its recording gps speed in live into the video, not like many others creating log files which will later automatically adjusting to position and speed. There for I think there is a few sec adjusting time / lag on the video.

whether the GPS data is logged separately or not there will always be a slight delay, that's normal, quite often when you see lag like this where your speed is clearly not accurate usually means you had a minimal satellite fix, maybe 3 or 4 only or the data was still being updated, the accuracy is impacted in these situations

jokiin said:
niko said:

whether the GPS data is logged separately or not there will always be a slight delay, that's normal, quite often when you see lag like this where your speed is clearly not accurate usually means you had a minimal satellite fix, maybe 3 or 4 only or the data was still being updated, the accuracy is impacted in these situations

Your explanation makes more sense. I had same thoughts remembering my car headunit sat nav gps speed readings always being behind odometer 2-3sec. So it same with dash cams as well.
I think the only way to get 100% correct on time readings displayed on dash cam video is using new generation OBD dash cams like we discussed here:

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1650

adorfer said:
I had with the GS1000 the lat/lon plus speed in the video with exactly 3s of lag. (see at pos 1:00 ff)

But please don't tell me that the PC-programm is using some kind of OCR to extract the speed&coordinates from the actual video image to get it to display on the map!

I am not sure how PC viewer program extracting files to read speed and positioning, but it does somehow without dash cam creating separate log files.

Anyway, it seems that the gps despite the fact that it gets a fix fast, the shielding of my windscreen is spoiling the hdop significantly.
I will connect a mcx-socket to the module and plug an external antenna (i have 3 plenty in an extra roof antenna case, one is unused at the moment)

It's a pitty that there is no support for openstreetmap tiles in that software like in registrator viewer.

iIQX9au.png

adorfer said:
Anyway, it seems that the gps despite the fact that it gets a fix fast, the shielding of my windscreen is spoiling the hdop significantly.
I will connect a mcx-socket to the module and plug an external antenna (i have 3 plenty in an extra roof antenna case, one is unused at the moment)

It's a pitty that there is no support for openstreetmap tiles in that software like in registrator viewer.

iIQX9au.png

I know from Russian forums, people writing to Registrator Viewer developer with they suggestions and he tries to adopt it up to peoples need. If I will have time, I will contact him and see what he say if his player can be adopted to read Panorama2 gps data files.
About GPS google positioning, I can see yours device is writing correct position, there is no error in latitude, am I right ? I mean, I can see there is slight shift in data from your screen, maybe about 10 metres from actual google map streets some time, but this can be due to gps signal 2-3 second delay shift which is normal with some gps reading devices. Mine longitude was correct , but latitude was somewhere in England and powerucc R&D department promised to fix it soon. I can see that you do not have that significant error ?

niko said:
Mine longitude was correct , but latitude was somewhere in England and powerucc R&D department promised to fix it soon.

that's a common mistake, we had the same about 18 months ago, is not a difficult fix

For the format,

i find in each .mp4 file at the end a section like
Code:
ݏb
UÄ <ôskipGPS>INFORMATION  00:39:01 N:50.007744  E:8.897835   121.36km/h x:+0.094 y:-0.094 z:+0.875
  00:39:02 N:50.007423  E:8.897840   121.92km/h x:+0.094 y:-0.094 z:+1.031
  00:39:03 N:50.007099  E:8.897883   124.14km/h x:-0.031 y:-0.063 z:+0.875
  00:39:04 N:50.006779  E:8.897890   124.14km/h x:0.000  y:-0.063 z:+0.969
  00:39:05 N:50.006474  E:8.897917   124.69km/h x:+0.063 y:+0.000 z:+0.938
  00:39:06 N:50.006180  E:8.897915   121.54km/h x:+0.031 y:-0.063 z:+0.969
  00:39:07 N:50.005886  E:8.897899   122.84km/h x:+0.031 y:-0.063 z:+0.906

or in HEX:
rWn7VWn.png

adorfer said:
For the format,

i find in each .mp4 file at the end a section like
Code:
ݏb
UÄ <ôskipGPS>INFORMATION  00:39:01 N:50.007744  E:8.897835   121.36km/h x:+0.094 y:-0.094 z:+0.875
  00:39:02 N:50.007423  E:8.897840   121.92km/h x:+0.094 y:-0.094 z:+1.031
  00:39:03 N:50.007099  E:8.897883   124.14km/h x:-0.031 y:-0.063 z:+0.875
  00:39:04 N:50.006779  E:8.897890   124.14km/h x:0.000  y:-0.063 z:+0.969
  00:39:05 N:50.006474  E:8.897917   124.69km/h x:+0.063 y:+0.000 z:+0.938
  00:39:06 N:50.006180  E:8.897915   121.54km/h x:+0.031 y:-0.063 z:+0.969
  00:39:07 N:50.005886  E:8.897899   122.84km/h x:+0.031 y:-0.063 z:+0.906

or in HEX:
rWn7VWn.png

Ok, now it make sense. I did not had time to analyze files like you did.
Thank you for sharing.

Re: AW: Powerucc Panorama2

Did already someone of you put this file format support request to the author of registrator viewer?
If not i would do so since i donated by paypal twice in the past he might remember my name.

Re: AW: Powerucc Panorama2

adorfer said:
Did already someone of you put this file format support request to the author of registrator viewer?
If not i would do so since i donated by paypal twice in the past he might remember my name.

I have not yet red on Russian forums regarding somebody asking him about this type of file implementation ( maybe I skipped something ? ), but as you already has been donating him, then he might make his program adjustments quicker ?

I just got mine today and now I get 2 questions

1. How do I turn on GPS? I have the GPS unit mounted and connected and it has the blue light blinking maybe indicating that it is working? But when I check my footage there was no GPS info or speed. I drove my car for at least 5 min to avoid GPS not fixing but it was the same in the end. nothing GPS related got recored
here's a video taken by this new dashcam showing the GPS connection yet no info displayed:

2. How to remove the mount (the one came with the unit, it has 3M adhesive on it) from the windshield?

The seller was nice to put the latest firmware on it but it is still to early to tell my personal opinion about this dashcam

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D II / S 7
DGTLSYSTEMS II / S 1
D II / S 9
I II / S 37
alexsoll II / S 263
Back