Powerucc Panorama2

niko said:
http://goo.gl/pbdAE
I don't know it is a translation error or something, the author says "A very exciting camera with Sony sensor, GPS and going higher 32GB cards" Does this mean this camera supports memory card that's over 32GB?
Also in this video
niko said:
In the beginning of this video the guy showed a 64GB memory card was used for the camera, but the spec says the camera only support up to 32GB. What's going on?

Last edited by a moderator:
Camcandy said:
niko said:
http://goo.gl/pbdAE
I don't know it is a translation error or something, the author says "A very exciting camera with Sony sensor, GPS and going higher 32GB cards" Does this mean this camera supports memory card that's over 32GB?
Also in this video
niko said:
In the beginning of this video the guy showed a 64GB memory card was used for the camera, but the spec says the camera only support up to 32GB. What's going on?

With both, older and newer firmware you can use 64gb as you can see from video. I have tester this from very beginning. That guy is me :)
The only thing you need to format 64gb microsd in PC from exFat to Fat32.

jokiin said:
a lot of interesting product on that YouTube channel

yes, as mentioned in my other post i do car audio-video as a hobby from my spare time.

niko said:
jokiin said:

yes, as mentioned in my other post i do car audio-video as a hobby from my spare time.

I know you had mentioned some involvement but wasn't sure if it was your full time job or not

jokiin said:
niko said:
jokiin said:

I know you had mentioned some involvement but wasn't sure if it was your full time job or not

I had an idea while ago to deal as a full time business, but for that you need big investments and those days its very hard to stay competitive being mid- or small company, so i dropped that idea and deal aside my main job as a hobby when i have time.

niko said:
I had an idea while ago to deal as a full time business, but for that you need big investments and those days its very hard to stay competitive being mid- or small company, so i dropped that idea and deal aside my main job as a hobby when i have time.

understand completely

Re: AW: Powerucc Panorama2

Concerning the power supply:
Is this device fed alternatively via micro(?)USB or is he autorecording just working via the round car adaptor socket?
2nd question: the car cable is feeding regulated 5V or is it just passing 12V to the cam?

niko said:
Camcandy said:
Thanks Niko for your footage.

However I want to ask, why is the city night footage looks so grainy? I can hardly make out any plate number.

I gotta say the pitch dark footage looks great!

Also can you give your opinion on this camera compare to LS300W in terms of day/night video quality? Personally I think the day time quality is very similar but in night time LS300W looks sharper.

I will try to post this weekend more RAW files.
Night time footage is not always grainy, but only very little in those situations where car is on the move and camera see sudden changes between very dark light and bright street lights. CPU and firmware is working very hard in those situations to correct image to full WDR. If car is stopped then as you can see from most footages, - then it is very nice WDR effect.

About grainy effect on this dash cam: it is far less then Finevu CR-500
At the beginning It was also disturbing to be, being comparing side by side with LS300W, but the grainy effect is not that bad actually and in therms of reading numberplates ( if they are readable ), it was not much difference between LS300W and Panorama2. SO the grainy effect is only affecting dark background areas of the footage . not filtrating them into full black colour.
Also comparing at night side by side ls300w and Panorama I realised that grainy effect could be actually good thing. I will explain:
In some footage with Panorama2 due to having that slight grainy effect I was able to see buildings shapes at the dark / black background, but with LS300W due to doing its WDR filtration in full, - those buildings were gone / blacken out / filtrated. Hope you know what I mean. So, some time slight grainy effect can be even useful.

Regarding reading numberplates that grainy effect on Panorama2 did not affected much.

I was struggling for long time to prioritize between Panorama2 and LS300W, but after dropping away slight grainy effect of Panorama2 ( which can be usefull in some cases ) I have decided for me that dash cam is nr1 at the moment within 200usd price range regarding quality + functions vs price.
Also LS300W loses in many things like very narrow view angle ( about 85-90 degree horizontal ), Panorama2 has about 110-115 degree horizontal and not loosing it focus at the edges of the screen. ALso parking mode motion detection recording is not that good on LS300W as on Panorama2.

But of course it would be unfair to judge LS300W because it is in different price-range category ( you can get GT300W 120 usd delivered ), so we need to judge and compare only with same price-range other dash cams.

I see what you are saying, I went to your channel on youtube and found these two clips:
Play them side by side (the LS300W is about 5 seconds ahead of Panorama2) and you can see although the Panorama2 seems more grainy than the LS300W, you can also see more details hiding in the darkness (like the fence on the side of the road at the beginning of each clip). I think this is great coupled with wider angle lens but that's just my personal view. Some people may like LS300W's footage better due to sharper representation.
Also these two

Meanwhile i finally got mine out of the customes.
The GPS-module is ASTONISHING!
Aquisition is fast, even inside my car with all metal film coated windows. Even Garmin GPSmap62 is a lot slower / less reliable.
Night footage will follow.
And yes, it's extremly wide angle.

Camcandy said:
niko said:
Camcandy said:
Thanks Niko for your footage.

However I want to ask, why is the city night footage looks so grainy? I can hardly make out any plate number.

I gotta say the pitch dark footage looks great!

Also can you give your opinion on this camera compare to LS300W in terms of day/night video quality? Personally I think the day time quality is very similar but in night time LS300W looks sharper.

I will try to post this weekend more RAW files.
Night time footage is not always grainy, but only very little in those situations where car is on the move and camera see sudden changes between very dark light and bright street lights. CPU and firmware is working very hard in those situations to correct image to full WDR. If car is stopped then as you can see from most footages, - then it is very nice WDR effect.

About grainy effect on this dash cam: it is far less then Finevu CR-500
At the beginning It was also disturbing to be, being comparing side by side with LS300W, but the grainy effect is not that bad actually and in therms of reading numberplates ( if they are readable ), it was not much difference between LS300W and Panorama2. SO the grainy effect is only affecting dark background areas of the footage . not filtrating them into full black colour.
Also comparing at night side by side ls300w and Panorama I realised that grainy effect could be actually good thing. I will explain:
In some footage with Panorama2 due to having that slight grainy effect I was able to see buildings shapes at the dark / black background, but with LS300W due to doing its WDR filtration in full, - those buildings were gone / blacken out / filtrated. Hope you know what I mean. So, some time slight grainy effect can be even useful.

Regarding reading numberplates that grainy effect on Panorama2 did not affected much.

I was struggling for long time to prioritize between Panorama2 and LS300W, but after dropping away slight grainy effect of Panorama2 ( which can be usefull in some cases ) I have decided for me that dash cam is nr1 at the moment within 200usd price range regarding quality + functions vs price.
Also LS300W loses in many things like very narrow view angle ( about 85-90 degree horizontal ), Panorama2 has about 110-115 degree horizontal and not loosing it focus at the edges of the screen. ALso parking mode motion detection recording is not that good on LS300W as on Panorama2.

But of course it would be unfair to judge LS300W because it is in different price-range category ( you can get GT300W 120 usd delivered ), so we need to judge and compare only with same price-range other dash cams.

I see what you are saying, I went to your channel on youtube and found these two clips:
Play them side by side (the LS300W is about 5 seconds ahead of Panorama2) and you can see although the Panorama2 seems more grainy than the LS300W, you can also see more details hiding in the darkness (like the fence on the side of the road at the beginning of each clip). I think this is great coupled with wider angle lens but that's just my personal view. Some people may like LS300W's footage better due to sharper representation.
Also these two

Thank you for finding time to compare. I have many videos shot side by side Panorama2 vs LS300W and was comparing at home that grain effect, but did not had time yet to play with video editing soft to put them together for viewers. But as I mentioned and as you found from videos, - the grain effect is actually benefiting. I was long time "against" grain effect and always was towards "perfection" of clear dark black, but after those detailed comparing I changed my mind in favour of Panorama2.
If choosing between perfect black colour at night but not see all details at background that might be vital and grain effect of similar to Panorama2 where "sandy" picture provides you more details, then of course I will go for Panorama2.
Want to point out that close objects like car make, colour, number plate etc almost not affected by grain, only background dark colours. So details of close object are as sharp as on LS300W.

i have now some difficulties using the Panaorama 2.
a) how do i update the software? I got the ELF file, put it onto a card into the root directory. But the update does not start automatically, nor can i find a menu item to start the update process.
Is there perhaps a special tool needed?
b) is there any application to view the videos "off board" with a map? If yes: Where is the EXAKT download link? (my korean is not good and even the translation mode of chrome does not try more than 20% of each webpage.)

adorfer said:
i have now some difficulties using the Panaorama 2.
a) how do i update the software? I got the ELF file, put it onto a card into the root directory. But the update does not start automatically, nor can i find a menu item to start the update process.
Is there perhaps a special tool needed?
b) is there any application to view the videos "off board" with a map? If yes: Where is the EXAKT download link? (my korean is not good and even the translation mode of chrome does not try more than 20% of each webpage.)

There is a specific commands on how to update, but first: what is your firmware version you have there ?

adorfer said:
Meanwhile i finally got mine out of the customes.
The GPS-module is ASTONISHING!
Aquisition is fast, even inside my car with all metal film coated windows. Even Garmin GPSmap62 is a lot slower / less reliable.
Night footage will follow.
And yes, it's extremly wide angle.

I am glad that you finally got yours.
Yes, I was also surprised with GPS super-fast performance.
Cold-start and lock of GPS is about 4-5 sec if taking first time into the card.
"Warm" starts and GPS locks within 2-3 sec after unit is turned on.

Unit starts recording after about 3 sec after you press unit Turn ON button.

About wide angle: - at first I was sceptical to order this unit when saw it has 154 degree diagonal, but I took a risk and ordered ans was not disappointed. I must say I was even happy to have wide angle. But I must say that not all wide angles are the same. Most other so called "ultra-wide" angle dash cams I tested, -they are blurring image on the edges. Panorama2 is the only one I tested which has same sharp image even at very edge of the image. Its all about combination of high quality lens / cmos / cpu and firmware. It looks like Panorama2 has it all.
Yes, wide angle makes fish-eye effect, but who cares ??!!!,- we need dash cam for proof / evidence, not for family holiday travel recordings where dont want see fish-eye.
Why having dash cam with narrow angle if can not record that vital proof which might happen outside narrow angle area ?!

niko said:
There is a specific commands on how to update, but first: what is your firmware version you have there ?
Definitly older than on the website. Datecode from 2012-03.

To download firmware to your PC please follow steps below.
There is also an instruction on how to update, but please DO NOT TRY ANYTHING YOURSELF.
I will try to put soon step by step instruction in English on how to do proper upgrade, otherwise you can crash your dash cam.

Attachments

• a1.jpg
    a1.jpg
    194.1 KB · Views: 138
  • a2.jpg
    a2.jpg
    195.9 KB · Views: 134
  • a3.jpg
    a3.jpg
    208.6 KB · Views: 132
  • a4.jpg
    a4.jpg
    277.4 KB · Views: 134
  • a5.jpg
    a5.jpg
    328.6 KB · Views: 133
  • a6.jpg
    a6.jpg
    275.8 KB · Views: 135
Below is instruction on how to download the latest English Manual. ( 52 page pdf )
I must say this is one of the most detailed and user-friendly English Manuals I ever experienced from Korean dash cam makers.
Hope it will help.

Attachments

• a1.jpg
    a1.jpg
    207.9 KB · Views: 125
  • a2.jpg
    a2.jpg
    189.5 KB · Views: 124
  • a3.jpg
    a3.jpg
    190.8 KB · Views: 119
  • a4.jpg
    a4.jpg
    185.2 KB · Views: 117
niko said:
I must say this is one of the most detailed and user-friendly English Manuals I ever experienced from Korean dash cam makers.

you're right, must be somebody English working there I'd think, not your regular translation effort

jokiin said:
niko said:

you're right, must be somebody English working there I'd think, not your regular translation effort

Who ever it is, but being working with them for past two month I can say they are taking very seriously what they do. Listening to customers advices from they local Korean forum users and few advices from me as well , I was positively surprise :) , adding extra options, fixing quickly bugs, etc. another words actively moving forward. For relatively short period they are getting more and more strong positions on the Korean dash cam market in the segment of new-comers ( info from Korean dash cams forums ).
Anyway, lets see and time will tell.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D II / S 7
DGTLSYSTEMS II / S 1
D II / S 9
I II / S 37
alexsoll II / S 263
Back