Problem after attempting firmware update

ChrisI

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a viofo a119 which has been operating without problems. Today I attempted to upgrade the software from 3.6 to 3.9 unfortunately this seems to have failed probably through my mistake but am unable to identify the reason.
It now longer powers on when the sd card is inserted either using the car power supply or when connected to the PC.

When connected to the PC I can see the dashcam from the pc if the sd card is not inserted and it has the following files :

System volume information

>IndexerVolumeGuid date modified 25/07/2018 14:56 Type file: File 1KB
>WPsettings.dat date modified 25/07/18 14:56 type file: Dat 1KB

If the SD card is inserted the power cuts off and the dashcam can no longer be seen from the PC.
If the sd card is not inserted the screen on Cam shows "Mass storage"

In the car there are no lights or power indication with the sd card inserted but if removed power is restored and the banner " insert Tf card is diplayed."
Pressing the menu button gives the full menu options screen and I can scroll through the options but I have not tried changing anything. Again inserting the SD card cuts the power and no lights visible and no indications.

I am afraid that I may have bricked the camer in trying to update.
Is there anyway I can do a reset or get it back to normal operation.

Any help would be most welcome.
Thanks
Chris

Use SDFormatter to format the card on your PC, then format it again inside the camera. Sounds like your card got messed up somehow.

the sysvol folder is automatically created by windows and it's pretty hard to NOT have it. can you turn on "hidden files/folders" in file explorer and see if there are any other files on the card besides sysvol? the sysvol folder by itself shouldn't cause issues - i know it's on all of mine because i run windows 10 as well.

Thanks for your replies.
I have now re-formated the card and it has upgraded the firmware and all is back to normal.
Big releif as I thought I had bricked the camera

Thanks again
Chris

Back