Problem getting Negative connection

Philh60

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello , i am new to this forum so thank you for allowing me to join. I have an issue hard wiring my new Nextbase 622 GW. I have wired many radio's to various and had no issue. I am trying to install dashcam in a2008 Range Rover, i have an official Nextbase kit. Using the fuse tap that comes with the kit is very easy but when it comes to the negative connection it does not power up the camera. I have noticed that when connecting the negative there is a small spark between car body and terminal. I have put a test lamp on carbody and positive and lamp lights up like expected. Does anyone have any idea please.??

Touch your test lamp on the terminal itself and positive, if it still lights up then the terminal is making contact with the body and the issue is probably elsewhere. If you have access to a multimeter you can measure the resistance between the terminal and earth of the battery or even better measure the voltage between when the kit is connected (volt drop test) which should read very low voltage. Probably a bit overkill though.

Back