Problem with loop recording with Mini 0806

Leo_SF

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have been using Lexar 633 64 gb card in slot B to record 3 minute clips with loop recording. However today when I checked the videos, the camera stopped recording once the card became full.

Is there a known problem with this function?

Thanks

I am using 0806 GD 20150511 V1.0 firmware.

I changed loop recording to 1 minute and still no luck. The camera still shows blue and red lights on as if it's recording but in reality it stops recording when the card becomes full...

Yes I did, both in laptop and inside camera.

I purchased the card through Amazon. It's the 633 series of the Lexar brand 64 gb. I tested it and it's authentic.

I am going to try another suggestion of setting the card selector to just slot B. I had it set to AUTO before....

Hi Leo, this has been said many times before, but it's always better to purchase from an authorized, reputable distributor. A company that can provide support, should you ever need it. I purchased my mini 0806 from SpyTec and I couldn't be happier. When I ran into a problem they were awesome to work with and processed an exchange very quickly. Plus some distributors, like jokiin, are even members of this forum and invest their own personnel time helping people just like you. Just my two cents. :)

Raven you have a point but I am past that at this stage. Hopefully I sort it out soon.

It seems like I worked out most of the issues thus far. I have purchased the endurance card as well as from Amazon. I am thinking this card will work better. It's not as fast but it's much more durable supposedly.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/B00V5Q1N1I

Hey Leo, that may work okay, but the one everyone seems to have a LOT of success with is this, which is about the same price: https://www.amazon.com/gp/B00IVPU6BY
It's also what I use and it works great. I purchased mine locally from Best Buy and just had them match amazon's price.

Thanks for the suggestion...

It wasn't about the the price. This is the only card that I found which is specifically designed for dashcam usage. Many companies won't honor warranties if they discover that you used their card for continuous recording like dashcam or cctv. I already have lexar 633 which has specs, price and reputation on par with the one you posted, yet it has far fewer write cycles.

Back