Problem with new camera

dashskub

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Had camera for just under 2 months, only minor problems ( mute + GPS kept turning off). Now, after it boots up I'm stuck with this image tried to reset the device but there was no change. Buttons unresponsive aside from beeping.
does ask to insert SD card when it is removed

Try entering the Menu with the SD card removed and reset to defaults. Also if you aren't using the latest firmware (2.4), recommend updating. Do reset the camera to defaults from the Menu once the camera is done updating.

I had the e exact same thing and the same fix suggested and no problems since. Great members on the forum [emoji106][emoji471]

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Just looked at your image, can confirm that updating the firmware to 2.4 (or later) resolves that exact issue.
For anyone else that needs to update, you need to use a 3rd party microSD/USB card reader since the camera won't be usable as a mass-storage mode device until after the update corrects the stuck state.
http://support.viofo.com/support/solutions/articles/19000047224-viofo-a119s-car-dash-camera-firmware
View attachment 37339
2.4 is the latest

Correct, 2.4 is the current firmware as of today.
I like to future-proof my posts since I’m sure another update is in the works. :)

Just looked at your image, can confirm that updating the firmware to 2.4 (or later) resolves that exact issue.
For anyone else that needs to update, you need to use a 3rd party microSD/USB card reader since the camera won't be usable as a mass-storage mode device until after the update corrects the stuck state.
http://support.viofo.com/support/solutions/articles/19000047224-viofo-a119s-car-dash-camera-firmware

Thanks again for your help, I updated to the latest firmware and the issue did go away for a while, but now it has returned. The same frozen, unresponsive image as before.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
N A119S 10
L A119S 8
J A119S 12
T A119S 2
D A119S 7
Back