Problems with my X2

Yes I looked very carefully again today and could not see any protective film on the screen. Although I have experienced problems in getting the screen to react to the touch, it has always eventually worked, until today that is.

Are you treating it like your phone's touchscreen coz this one is a resistive one

Only the old Panorama S is resistive. G, X1, and X2 is capacitive.

Unplug power for 30 minutes.

Remove memory cards.

Unplug rear camera.

Power back up (with memory and rear cam removed still) and test the screen then. Does it work now?

R u serious? Doesn't feel like a capacitive screen!

If you've ever used a Panorama S it's a night and day difference yes. The S you have to push in a bit harder and it makes a rainbow lcd pattern as you push in.

There is a big difference between X1 and X2. X1 is super responsive, while X2 is a little bit hesitant.

OK folks, I'll have a go at the unplugging bit tomorrow as it's very dark and lashing down with rain at the moment.

Thanks though for the pointers, I will get back to you tomorrow.

today took the rear sd card out to check the footage and again the footage from the last 2 days is missing. i tried to format it with SmartDisck and unsuccesfull. another sd card went to read mode only. :confused:

Only the old Panorama S is resistive. G, X1, and X2 is capacitive.

Unplug power for 30 minutes.

Remove memory cards.

Unplug rear camera.

Power back up (with memory and rear cam removed still) and test the screen then. Does it work now?

Hi again, yes I did the unplug procedure as suggested and yes it did work. However, as soon as I re-inserted the cards and the rear camera, it stopped working again.

It sounds like filesystem problems - can you run them through a PC card reader and try running chkdsk against them as it sounds like there may be quite a few problems on the filesystem and although the X2 is getting better at handling these on exFAT it still gets tripped up every now and then.

Sorry to appear dumb, how do I run chkdsk please. I am running windows 8.1 and have gone into 'Run' and have typed in chkdsk D: and a black screen with white text appears but only momentarily and then disappears and so I am not given the opportunity to read any of it.
Am I doing something wrong?

Ah ok it's really easy - in the run box just type 'cmd' without the quotes and press ok - it's easier this way as you get to see the output:

upload_2015-3-2_17-25-31.png

The other option is right click the memory card in File Explorer and select Properties. Then click to Tools tab and under Error checking just do Check :)

I prefer the command line view just to see all the output from the tool in there - that screenshot shows that both my front and rear cards had errors which the /f switch fixed

Right then, I have had a go at this and the message came up 'No errors found' There was also a message to say that I could still scan it if I wanted and so I did but it still returned as 'No errors found'

I did this on both cards.

If you pull the power on the camera and insert the cards what happens then?

In fact actually if you format the cards in the computer, then eject, is it clean or does it have files on there?

I'm wondering if your cards have flipped to read only mode as we've seen a couple of others do recently?

Have these cards checked out ok on h2testw?

https://sosfakeflash.wordpress.com/h2testw/

Just went into formatting and went for the 'quick format' (is it ok to do that or should it always be a full format?) and I got a message to say that "Windows was unable to complete the format"

Are these Transcend cards again?

There were two went read only last week - if these are Transcend cards there's either a really dodgy batch out there or the X2 is doing something very specific that is killing the cards prematurely.

Sorry I've just seen they are - it is feeling like the cards are causing your issue for sure - where are they from?

I suspect there is something wrong with a large batch of Transcend cards or the latest firmware triggered some rare software induced read only mode event as well. I'll be talking to SungMoon first thing when he is awake Korea time.

Back