Q: About view files on camera and about beeps when rec off

krelvin

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Mobius, VIOFO A119 V2
Got my A119 today. It is the first time I have played with one.

2 Questions came up and I couldn't find answers to them

Q1: The manual talks about a view media mode but I can't figure out how to get to it.
I can plug the unit into my notebook and view the files via mass media (BTW this only worked if I plugged into the camera direction, not via the GPS which is not yet mounted)

But, I thought I could view the files on the unit itself even though it only has a 2" display.

Q2: When you turn off Rec mode, the unit beeps. Even with Beeps option turned off
Was a bit surprised to this. I know what the beeps are telling me (it is not recording) but there is apparently not any way to turn the beeps off as that is not effected by the Beep settings.

I guess this would not be something that would be used often, but I can see not recording while having a conversation with someone in the vehicle and the beeps would be annoying, though I could just let it record and turn the mic off I guess.

Outside of that I figured everything else out okay. The manual it comes with is a bit sparse. Took me a bit to figure out I can use the video in the house plugged into the PC though, I guess not enough Amps. Had to plug it into a power supply.

BTW, the unit didn't have the current firmware on it. So I loaded the current which was A119_170522_V2.06

You need to stop the recording by pressing the REC button, then press the ! button to view files.

When you stop the recording, it beeps to tell you it's not recording. You can press menu to make it stop. The Beeps Off in the menu is just for individual button presses.

Thanks, I will try both next time I connect it.

You need to stop the recording by pressing the REC button, then press the ! button to view files.

When you stop the recording, it beeps to tell you it's not recording. You can press menu to make it stop. The Beeps Off in the menu is just for individual button presses.
Thank you, this worked.

Last edited:
Back