Question about Lens filters

Not-Exist

Reaction score
Country
Israel
Hello everybody.
My name is alex, soon ill be a owner of xiaomi camera, just waiting to the mail.

What is the difference between CPL, UV, filters and IR replacement lens ?

Thanx alot.

Last edited:
Hello Alex, the CPL is a Circular Polarising Filter, it cuts unwanted reflexions from the light, this means you can eliminate the reflexions from the water/glas and make them clear and see-through. it also boosts saturation and contrast and it can make the sky darker, but there's a problem with the wide lenses, only a part of the sky can be darker due to the angle of light.
UV filetr cuts the UV light, meaning if you take your xiaomi to a mountain top, the images won't have that blue-ish tint you normally get. At lower altitudes it doesn't make any difference.
IR filter is just an infra-red filter, it allows IR light to pas to the sensor, usually that means your colours won't look natural, but it's a nice effect for black and white, it makes the leafs from the trees to look white

...i thought he means lens filter not throupassing ir light, so the non l versions has.
The L versions has ni more IR filter in lens but i mean anywhere at the sensor. The IR in lens is better for footages against sun, no white shadows and violet colour mistakes. I have replaced mine and after testing with both filters no colour mistakes any more, the sharpness is the same.

I haven't seen this issue. I have 23L version, and the picture is fine. I did the focus fix because the lens was focused a little to closer for me, and the objects farther than about 5 meters were kinda blurry. I am planning on buying that lens from gearbest, see how that acts. Are you talking about the lack of contrast when shooting against the sun?

...it gives some links to pictures here in forum use the search...
Make a photo against sun and you will see like white fine smoke over the picture and looses contrast and colours, best you see the violet light make photo of switching remote control, with new lens all is looking like you see it.

I know what you are saying. That usually happends when any lens is pointed into the sun, even my DSLR pro lens, which was 20 times more expensive than this camera, does it. I don't mind the loss in the contrast that much. I heard that if the IR coating is missing from the lens you should see the image with a strong pink tint. I tend to think the fuzziness is due to bad lens design, maybe we could try using GoPro lenses, since they have the same 12mm thread. Maybe someone has both Xiaomi and a gopro and is willing to open that gopro and take the lens out :D...I for one would be very interested to see the results

hi guys i am owner of 23L version of camera. I think have problem with the IR because there is no any...probably. Am checking forum but am not shure...i did a video could u check it if is it IR problem? And if could u recomend some good seller with these lens (aliexpress....)? thanks a lot and sorry for my english.

...all "l" versions works without ir in lens, they go another way.
but replacing lens with replacement lens by gearbest for about 10 dollars wil give better footages.
you can see that by violet points and white flares in your recording against sun (1:10)
search here in forum and you will get many informations...

...all "l" versions works without ir in lens, they go another way.
but replacing lens with replacement lens by gearbest for about 10 dollars wil give better footages.
you can see that by violet points and white flares in your recording against sun (1:10)
search here in forum and you will get many informations...

so every single lens from E-shop is with IR filter?

Jeah i know just for protecting and make sky and maybe some shoot loks beter if it will work

Back