Question about upcoming Street Guardian products.

I've found one of the bigger stumbling blocks to the uptake of anything above 1080p30 is hardware/software limitation, not the camera but rather the end users computer, so many people don't have capable enough computers to deal with higher resolution/bitrate files, playback and editing software is also quite limited still

Yea, I have a reasonable machine, can easily edit 1080p video...4k really chokes it...I usually crop the 4k or resize it before I edit it. (4k timelapse through DSLR or GoPro). So 1080 is just fine...but if you want auto stabilizers or digital zoom, you need to start with 4k and crop from there. However the output to the card should be 1080.

I'm fairly disappointed the the new product rumors have explicitly ruled out buffered parking mode. I'd love to see an updated and improved RC on the horizon, even if it was single camera only.

Jokin or Jon can correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think it's completely ruled out. IIRC "motion detect" was said to be a very low priority at this time and not likely to be seen soon if at all. They will not feature it unless it works correctly, which with many cams it doesn't. I for one appreciate that kind of perspective :)

Phil

I'm fairly disappointed the the new product rumors have explicitly ruled out buffered parking mode. I'd love to see an updated and improved RC on the horizon, even if it was single camera only.
pre buffered parking mode is a bit of a double edged sword, there are some negatives that come with that as well but ultimately it requires support in the chipset which this model doesn't have, we are still looking at an RC replacement but that's a separate project

Jokin or Jon can correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think it's completely ruled out. IIRC "motion detect" was said to be a very low priority at this time and not likely to be seen soon if at all. They will not feature it unless it works correctly, which with many cams it doesn't.

motion detect will be available, the bit I said wouldn't be available which we are still looking at is a parking mode function, that will need further testing to see if it can be done so won't be there for the time being

Back