Question about upcoming Street Guardian products.

4k would eat up your memory card like theres no tomorrow though.

I think focusing on better 1080/60 quality and a higher bit rate would be a better solution.
I'd rather have higher quality at a lower resolution.

I'd love 2k60. In my personal opinion it's the best balance between resolution & low light, and with the new procsssors we're not that far off.

The actual amount of data it takes is becoming less of an issue as the price of 128 GB cards decreases.

I've found one of the bigger stumbling blocks to the uptake of anything above 1080p30 is hardware/software limitation, not the camera but rather the end users computer, so many people don't have capable enough computers to deal with higher resolution/bitrate files, playback and editing software is also quite limited still

Yeah.
I do love H265 myself, but it do seem that if you throw that at many peoples computers then the house of cards collapse.
So it is nice cameras like the M2 support both formats of compression.

Dont know why, but before my C: drive died my windows movie maker would not work with H.265, but it do now :confused:

I am a little :confused: that the new update to windows 10 do not have a upgrade of movie maker, i find that weird as movie maker is lagging a lot behind what cameras can do in this day and age.
Instead we get 3D stuff for paint and what not ???? maybe its just me thats a old whiner.

Lol.. H.265 was a no go on my laptop too. H.264 @60 is moody too.

Apple has dropped the mid 2009 MBP from OS upgrades even though the 5,5 model is fully compatible. That didn't stop me from installing Sierra using the easy workaround.

Waiting for them to refresh their MD101 range so I can switch the HDD to a SSD, optibay the superdrive and max out the RAM like on the current one.

Other than video playback issues (low video RAM), it's still super fast and responsive for daily use.

personally i would prefer a hard drive of some sorts in the laptop size.

I like that idea.

However:
How big will the marked be for that.
What I have heard about SSD drive, there don't like high heat. Around 70C
More $$ vs SD.
Need more space or more cabling, if needed to be remote.

So I think its in best case, it's gonna be a very hard way to go, but I do like the idea.

I like that idea.

However:
How big will the marked be for that.
What I have heard about SSD drive, there don't like high heat. Around 70C
More $$ vs SD.
Need more space or more cabling, if needed to be remote.

So I think its in best case, it's gonna be a very hard way to go, but I do like the idea.
on the flip side, if it's a remote unit like the sg12cz or whatever, or like the K1S, then size is less of an issue, and so is heat - the remote unit can be in a glovebox or even just under a seat, where it's out of direct sunlight and thus doesn't get so hot. and in a bigger unit, you might even be able to have heat sinks and fans for active cooling if needed.

Hello, any update on the beta testing of the 2 channel street guardian systems?

No testers are still chomping at the bit in this regard, i think when they get them they might also be allowed to post information about them, so stuff should start to surface along with ( i assume ) a new subforum for the new models in the SG part of this site.

If there is NDAs then the testers are off course obliged to stand by those.

exciting. one of my blackvue 750s just bit the dust, so I am on the lookout for a new dual channel cam and of course prefer street guardian to the other brands.

Hang in there, and things will brighten up shortly. :cool:

Really deciding if I should get the 9665 v3 or wait for this new product. such hard decision :(

You can always re-gift or eBay off the v3 in 2017 if you need something to get you through 2016 until dual channel comes out.

well you sold me! btw, wanted to ask, I can't find the v3 on Amazon.ca. Just available on Amazon.com. When will it be on the Canada site?

well you sold me! btw, wanted to ask, I can't find the v3 on Amazon.ca. Just available on Amazon.com. When will it be on the Canada site?

Amazon.ca listings won't be active until I have enough v3 stock to ship to FBA/Prime up north. I'm nearly sold out of v3 (9 pieces left) but more stock should arrive this Friday and I'll be able to send some up to Amazon.ca then. Until then buy from Amazon.com or eBay.com or my direct site and I'll ship it international. (proper customs, smooth sailing)

Alright, @jokiin . I hate to be this guy, but it is killing me so I have no choice in the matter. Sorry, I tried really hard...

I get the impression based on whispers here and there on other threads that the new SG models we're so eagerly waiting for won't have pre-buffered parking mode, at least initially. That is going to influence my decision whether to wait a few more weeks or pull the trigger now. Am I sadly mistaken, or is there some truth still to this rumor?

Alright, @jokiin . I hate to be this guy, but it is killing me so I have no choice in the matter. Sorry, I tried really hard...

I get the impression based on whispers here and there on other threads that the new SG models we're so eagerly waiting for won't have pre-buffered parking mode, at least initially. That is going to influence my decision whether to wait a few more weeks or pull the trigger now. Am I sadly mistaken, or is there some truth still to this rumor?

no pre buffered parking mode, the only solution available that can do that right now (with a bit of work) is Ambarella and to be honest the dual channel Ambarella is a poor performer, particularly when moving as they just can't support decent bitrates in dual channel mode

Back