Question about upcoming Street Guardian products.

kgs-wy

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hey, guys, have a couple questions...

As Pier 28 said in the SGZC12SG subforum, in the thread "Kicking this LS460W to the curb.":
There will be a very nice dual channel Street Guaridian solution later his year. I'd get something today though if you need a stable new DashCam setup.

I was wondering if this product has come far enough to release any information, either publicly or via PM? If anyone's able to say anything, can you describe the format it's going to use (large front/small rear cam, two small cams with remote receiver/storage/viewer, etc.)?

I'm interested in a dual channel setup, but want both to be relatively discreet cameras. Considering I want them to be both discreet, and have great day and at least good night video quality, I'm seriously considering two SG9665GC cams each for my and my fiancée's vehicles. But if SG's upcoming dual cam is something with two small or smallish mounted cams with GPS capability, equal or better video quality than the SG9665SG (or even better, that with a remote video receiver, storage and viewing device), I'd wait for one. Hell, I might buy two sets of two for 4-way protection if the stuff in parentheses is the case! :D

If it's not far enough along for anything to be said, it's all good, and believe me, I understand! Thanks for your time one way or the other, and I really hope that all made sense, since I'm posting this on about 2 hours of sleep in the last 36 hours (damn insomnia, anywho... :confused::()... :)

-Laters...!
kgs-wy

Too far out yet to make any promises on dual camera models sorry, not because we don't want to but they're still work in progress and several months away at best, image quality and discreet are things we always look to do regardless

Too far out yet to make any promises on dual camera models sorry, not because we don't want to but they're still work in progress and several months away at best, image quality and discreet are things we always look to do regardless
Bummer, but it's all good. Looks like I'll be gettin' a double pair of SG9665GC's (which I was thinkin' of already, and Gabocho suggested), and worst case, upgrade to a dual plus those for sideview if I feel the need.

Thanks for the quick reply, jokiin, and believe me, I'll be watchin' for more info as the months go on! It's nice to see the manufacturer contributions to this forum. Your repeated statements to image and build quality — and your products' apparently living up to same — is what's steered me towards your products. Hope to get mine next week! :3

-Laters...!
kgs-wy

I should have said

"There will hopefully be a nice dual product out later this year or early 2016 if all goes well"

There are still too many options and variables we are working through before we can post anything worthwhile. We want to get it right and not rush anything.

You'll be pleased with two SG9665GC

2016 EDIT (since this old thread was just brought back):
The above post was made back in August 2015 when another product was in the works that didn't materialize. The all new dual channel systems in development today are even better anyway.

Last edited:
Heh, well, like I said, it's all good. :) I'm sure I'll be tickled pink with two of the SG9665GCs! And, again, my comments about pushing quality sound solidly true. :cool:

-Laters...!
kgs-wy

Just saw the lastest rc remote lense model.
Pitty this wasn't a dual cam system as I've been told it in the works?
Any date for them yet ?

Jokiin,

Can you at least tell us Either SD or MicroSD flash cards and Max Capacity supported?
I am looking for deals on them. I got a Sandisk 200GB MicroSD for $60 for my Droid Turbo 2 phone.
Sandisk is in the timefram to announce the latest capacity cards any day.

I am ready to Cross upgrade from the Finevu CR500-HD that is on its last legs. It has started
corrupting the MicroSD cards since the battery failed.

Thanks,
Malodave

one model is SD, other is MicroSD

can't give details of max supported capacity yet as SDK is still maturing, I'm sure with time large cards should be able to be supported just as we have done with the other models, memory only get bigger and cheaper so I wouldn't rush out to buy anything just yet

Looking for my first dashcam, will these models have pre-buffer parking mode? If they're only few months or so from release then I'm thinking of going with a cheaper $50-range 1 channel cam for now.

Can we get an estimated release date, by summer? End of the year?
I really like Street Gaurdian video quality in day/night compared to other cams so far but I'm looking for dual channel with pre-buffer parking mode perferably by SG.

When are the RC V2 shipping? I need one by Jun2. Will they be in stock before then?

Any updates on when the new product line is releasing? Really interested in a 2 ch. system.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Back