Question on dash cam using?

Lola

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Mobius, A119
I'm confused about this.
Can a dash cam be used on the rear window for recording the traffic that might hit you. I'm asking about this because they sell dash cams and rear cams, aren't they the same thing actually? Did I make this clear enough?

You can mount one wherever you please.

You don't get specifically marketed rear cams, any dash cam can be mounted front or back, or even the sides.

Then there are the dual channel ones, one camera for the front and mostly a second camera lens for the back which's connected to the front camera.

I'm confused about this.
Can a dash cam be used on the rear window for recording the traffic that might hit you. I'm asking about this because they sell dash cams and rear cams, aren't they the same thing actually? Did I make this clear enough?
Welcome to DCT Lola! Dash cams can be placed anywhere, including the side windows. You might be thinking of rear back-up cameras; which come standard on a lot of vehicles these days. Anyway, you are at the right place for some great advice. Enjoy!

You can mount one wherever you please.

You don't get specifically marketed rear cams, any dash cam can be mounted front or back, or even the sides.

Then there are the dual channel ones, one camera for the front and mostly a second camera lens for the back which's connected to the front camera.
Thank you for replying, I thought so but wanted to check with you experts.

Don't confuse with Reverse cams.
Reverse camera is to help you back up.
It shows if there's anything you might hit.

Rear dashcam is just any camera that records video behind you.
You can use same front dashcam for that or get a dashcam that has two lenses, one for front and one for back.

Thank you for replying, I thought so but wanted to check with you experts.

No expert by any stretch of the imagination. All the information you need about dash cams is available here, search the forums. Glad to help.

Back