Question re the hardwire kit

slicendice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I currently have a Blackvue in my car (can't remember which model but it's a few years old now) and also have the PowerMagic Pro. I like the PowerMagic Pro as it has the option to switch parking mode on/off via the switch on the contol box - so if it's switched off, then parking mode will not activate. This is useful for situations where I don't need parking mode (when in garage, etc).

I'm now looking to get a dashcam for my g/f's car and really like the look of the A129 - decent spec and performance at a very good price for a dual channel setup. What I'm wondering is whether the hardwire kit enables you to switch off parking mode like it's possible to do with the PowerMagic Pro? Or once it's hardwired, will it effectively be always on? And if so, is it possible to add an on/off switch to the wiring setup to add this capability?

Thanks

Thanks for the speedy response :)

So if I were to just park up, turn off the ignition and walk away, the cam would automatically go into parking mode? And if I didn't want it to go into parking mode, I'd have to manually power down the cam after parking up?

Thanks for the speedy response :)

So if I were to just park up, turn off the ignition and walk away, the cam would automatically go into parking mode? And if I didn't want it to go into parking mode, I'd have to manually power down the cam after parking up?
correct

Thanks for the info (y)

Assuming it automatically switches back on when the ignition is next switched on (I'm sure it does), that would mean it would need to be manually switched off every time I parked up and didn't want parking mode enabled?

Have to be honest, I'd prefer to be able to switch it off and for it to remain off until I explicitly switched it back on again - as I know I'd forget to switch it off and end up with hours of unnecessary parking footage! Not a deal-breaker but that would be my pref...

You can use the PMP with the A129. Parking Mode kicks in after 5 minutes of no G-sensor activity.

Back