Questions about the SG9665GC

Thanks! I really appreciate the help!

BTW, happy 5000 likes! :):D

Always happy to help. I found your order based on the "med" in your name here. I wanted to let you know, you actually got my very last CPL filter. (had one more) Both GC and CPL area on the way! :)

I'm a newbie here...and have some similar questions. I'm considering the SG 9665 and need some guidance/questions answered regarding this model. Are the videos compatible with Mac's? I plan to use the unit as a vacation travel log...as such I had planned on 64gb cards to record our journey, perhaps swapping cards at the end of each day as I want to preserve them until download; how many hours of video will a 64gb card hold, and do you have any suggestions regarding the usage plans I have. Thanks.

The videos recorded are .MOV files and fully compatible with Mac.

You can use:
Http://DashCamViewer.com
(For a complete grouped single timeline playback)

Or play one file at a time via VLC player or QuickTime.

64gb gives over 8 hours, 128gb gives over 16 hours.

Always happy to help. I found your order based on the "med" in your name here. I wanted to let you know, you actually got my very last CPL filter. (had one more) Both GC and CPL area on the way! :)

Thanks!

I have a basic question: What kind of SD Card comes with the SG9665GC in the USA(Amazon)? I am wondering if it is worth ordering the 128GB or buy a 64GB & source the higher capacity cards myself.

Basically, it would be worth it to buy the 128GB if its the MLC type endurance card.

I have a basic question: What kind of SD Card comes with the SG9665GC in the USA(Amazon)? I am wondering if it is worth ordering the 128GB or buy a 64GB & source the higher capacity cards myself.

Basically, it would be worth it to buy the 128GB if its the MLC type endurance card.

As of today all SG9665GC V3 32GB and 64GB USA bundles come with a Transcend Premium 400x card.

SG9665GC V3 128GB bundles have a mixed stock of Transcend Premium 400x (Red/Black) or Samsung EVO Plus (Orange) card. There is currently a supply shortage of Transcend cards which has caused the prices to skyrocket. Transcend had a factory fire and they have yet to fully recover. Transcend has a newer memory technology coming out in a few months which should return memory card prices back to normal and increase performance. Samsung "EVO Plus" has great specs and is very dependable so far.

There are no MLC microSD cards available on the market larger than 64GB. There may be some that marketing teams slap a label on that uses the word "endurance" but they're not MLC. The closest you'll come is the Samsung EVO+ 256GB, which uses their proprietary V-NAND to provide what is supposed to be as good or better than traditional MLC endurance and speed. They're still pricey, but shopping around from Best Buy has the lowest price at $199 right now. If you go that route, do not buy 3rd party on Amazon, only if it's not just shipped from but SOLD BY Amazon. There are many counterfeits out there.

http://www.samsung.com/us/computing...vo-256gb-memory-card-w-adapter-mb-mc256da-am/

EDIT: Jeez! How did SG USA beat me to this reply??

I might need to switch to all 32/64/128 EVO+ cards if I run out of North America Transcend stock around May. They seem quite good so far. We'll see how things play out.

The closest you'll come is the Samsung EVO+ 256GB, which uses their proprietary V-NAND to provide what is supposed to be as good or better than traditional MLC endurance and speed.

I've been using one of these the past few months in my GC, takes a lot of driving to fill up and still way too expensive to be a practical option

I might need to switch to all 32/64/128 EVO+ cards if I run out of North America Transcend stock around May. They seem quite good so far. We'll see how things play out.

our distributor for Belarus/Russia has been using Samsung cards for a long time without issue, the biggest problem you find with Samsung cards is from people that have been duped into buying fake Samsung cards

I've been using one of these the past few months in my GC, takes a lot of driving to fill up and still way too expensive to be a practical option

I'm currently using a 256GB "EVO Select" card in the GC Mounted in my Explorer. It's been very dependable for a few months now. The prices have come down already. I'll need to test the newer "EVO +" card soon as well.

a992810b0dfe8bb24f6a67b529d532c6.jpg

Back