Questions on 0906

5wany

Reaction score
Just took delivery of mini 0906 from UK Ebayer supplied with hard install kit. Going to set up this weekend.
Questions are:
1. Kit has the GPS attachment that sticks to windscreen. I noted the GPS has a mini USB and so does the camera. What USB does the power cable connect to (or does it not matter)?
2. Got the magnetic filter, does anyboby use this or does it affect night time recording quality badly?
3. Can someone give an idiots step by step how to load latest firmware, camera booklet states 2017 version. Am I correct in saying its load through PC onto the mini SD card then the mini SD card put into camera?

One thing I would say is it looks a decent bit of kit. I have had a Chinese (taxi) dash cam for 7 years in my other car and this mini 0906 is a good step up in design, quality and functionality.

In order to use the gps function you must connect the power supply to it. If you connect power to the camera you will bypass the gps.
The cpl will slightly darken the video but this can be offset by increasing the exposure by 0.3 to compensate but you may find that it compensates automatically.
To load the latest firmware you download it and copy it onto the root directory of the micro sd card and place it into the camera. Switch on the camera and it will install. It will delete the bin file automatically so there’s no need to reformat the card.

Hope this helps

Flyfisher. Thanks

Got front and rear installed with hardwire kit.

Issues:
1. How do I upload firmware. I downloaded from 0906 website s zip file, then copied zip file to SD card. SD card shows Front, Rear, GPS, Photo files along with zip file. How do I open zip file (win rar out of date).
2. Instructions how to operate settings on this camera? When I click up it just mutes camera. If I click down it seems to stop recording. Booklet supplied is not clear how you can scroll through all the settings. Can someone give a brief description how to changes stuff (ie temp to C, set parking guard, etc).

Thanks

Unzip the downloaded file and copy the file onto the root of the sdcard

To access the menu, press the middle button to stop recording then long press the up button to access the settings menu.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Almost there
Downloaded 7-Zip to unzip file. Put the .bin file at root directory on SD card and then put SD card into dash cam, loaded latest firmware now all ok.
Got into settings so all good.
Only issue is parking mode. Camera just turns off when stopping car. Will check hard wire kit / volt settings.
Thanks for help.

Back