Rattling problem----- solved.

Screen name taken

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Dash Cam
70mai Dash Cam Pro
Bit the bullet today and took the cam apart. Found the rattling was not coming from the speaker but the battery. Now fixed with very strong double sided tape.
I will add more about how I done this with some photos too later.

I would be interested how to take the g1w apart without too much marking in the edges. Thanks in advance

Regards
Duke

Sorry I still have not got around to editing the photos I am a bit busy but they are on my to do list.

I would be interested how to take the g1w apart without too much marking in the edges. Thanks in advance

Regards
Duke

they just clip together, very straightforward, the only thing really to look out for is the section around the card slot, the plastic is quite thin there and it's easy to crack the plastic

Please post how to take apart. I have rattling issue as well.

I want to upload photos but they are saying they are too large. I have asked on the general section about the size limitation.

Just post to imgur.com (as an album) and then add a link here.

Use simple image editing software to reduce size, or upload to dropbox or mega.co.nz

I use one of several photo editing software, but I just could not find the answer. As it turned out I was just 2kb over, yet so near yet so far! So on with the posting.
First photo indicates the the pinch points where the case locks with the green arrows. The blue arrows indicate the four screws which hold the circuit board onto the rear casing. The red arrows indicate the four screws which hold the lens surround on.
car cam open.jpg

To open I used watchmakers screwdrivers. Similar to this:
watchmaker_screwdrivers_300.jpg

These did not damage the casing. I just push down until I found the locations and gently turned the flat blade to open the case little by little moving up and down the full length of the joint.
However it was my intention to open the cam again and remove the lens surround to spray paint it. When I tried to open the case again I found it impossible. So maybe the rattling could also be due to the casing not being snapped tight at the factory. You can see from the photo that the battery was definitely loose. I will not be trying to open the case again so the lens surround will just have a painted by brush effect!

Here is a photo of the cam completely opened.
car cam board.jpg

FTR, I took my camera apart as you suggested and found that MY rattle was cause by the silver buttons themselves. They are loose fitting and cause noise when the camera shakes. I haven't found a solution yet but for now just have a piece of tape over them. Looks like crap but when I can, Ill try putting some rubber washers inside and see if that holds them in place.

Back