rdCAM player first preview version

Rayman.Chan

Manufacturer
Reaction score
Country
China
Dash Cam
mini0806, mini0806S, mini0903/0905, mini0906, mini0808
we got a preview demo of the rdCAM player today, I think I should share this with your guys who are fanatic on mini 0906.
There are a lot of bugs in the preview version of course, your feedback and comments will help to imrpove it.

download:
http://www.rdcam.com/ver/rdCAMPlayer-1.0.4.zip

will the 1.04 version playback the videos smooth on your computer?
feedbacks please

Tested on a Win10 x64 with Fall Creator update. The CAM files were from an 0806

- Downloading from Chrome gave a little warning, nothing bad, just something about this is not a usual download, should it be kept
- Windows defender popup saying this is an unknown application, again nothing major

- Upon loading, the interface defaulted to Chinese and uses the baidu maps. It would be nice to have a popup asking for what language and maps to use
- The default is KMH. Switching to MPH does not propagate through the app. The speed plot shows the change to MPH, but the side area where the videos are listed still show KMH
- I know everyone wants to do the GUI like the phone, but seriously, put a menu system in place. I had to click around blindly in the GUI hoping something would happen
- The windows cannot be resize arbitrary. It is either default size or maximize size.
- CPU usage is not that bad, around 4%
- The video does not use any GPU decode (was hoping it would do something like the LAV filters), instead it uses the 3D engine. Usage is at 11%
- Although the files loaded was one continuous trip, I had to play each file individually. I was hoping it would do what registartorviewer does with the files, grouping all the files a one big trip.

Example of KMH and MPH not be consistent:
upload_2017-11-7_23-16-36.png

GPU usage:
upload_2017-11-7_23-22-57.png

CPU usage:
upload_2017-11-7_23-22-33.png

With all the pre-alpha crap I have to deal with at work, this is consider smooth

This is an error I'm getting when trying to launch the player.
Both of my windows 10 machines gets this error.

rdCamPlayer.JPG

I have 84 files unzipped and am trying to launch the program using the rdCAMPlayer.exe file.
Am I doing something wrong?

Hi All

It works fine on my machine (Win 10 Pro, 10.0.16299) so far.

Looks better than any other player I have seen so far (I know both Registrator Viewer and Dashcam Viewer). I like the PIP of the rear cam and the possibility to switch with one button during playback very much. Good work!

Because GPS is not working in my car (other story), I would like to have the possibility (--> wishlist) to blend out the map and the speed/gsensor window parts as these windows don't have any information (in my case).

example.jpg

Regards,
Martin

Last edited:
@Skynet, can you post a screen shot of the folder structure of the unzip files? That way we can compare it with our working version to see if there is something missing.

No folders. All the files are one folder that I created. That's the way un-zipped.
Thought that was odd but being a betta I wasn't sure.

Maybe over enthusiastic antivirus software removing some files?

Thinking Win-Zip opened all the folders when it un-zipped the file.

Maybe you need to install Quicktime first ?

Got it. Had to use windows explorer to unzip and retain the folders.
Program opens as it should now.

Tinman, how the heck did you load the GPS file? Finally figured out how to load the video but stumped on the GPS file.

I think the maps and GPS data loaded automatically for me.

Note: I only log GPS data, I don't have mine set to record gps data on video.

@Skynet, can you confirm you have a GPS folder with your FRONT and REAR folder?
upload_2017-11-11_21-20-25.png

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Phil B mini0906 5