Really good chinese brands or products

Mtz

Reaction score
Country
Romania
Dash Cam
Viofo A229 Pro TeleQuad
I think we can give a chance for some chinese products and share our good experiences with other people so they will make good decisions to buy cheap and good.
I consider for example the Mobius as a good product and I can trust their future products.

You can post from any domain.

For example I really miss clothes from real cotton and I remember when I was kid the cotton from China was the best. Today almost all cotton labels are for some plastic material. Somebody invented the cotton made from plastic and I hope someday European Parliament to ban such products.

enjoy,
Mtz

I agree, Mobius has earned a great reputation for quality and showed what is possible from a small Chinese manufacturer who makes good decisions. I would say a good part of that reputation is in part to the international development team of @Isoprop, Tom Frank and Therau2000. I not sure the Mobius would have progressed so far without them.

Another Chinese company that is looking good is Xiaomi, their products are well made with good components. It will be interesting to see how they grow. I think SJCAM is another company that builds quality and could do well if they make good decisions.

With SJCam I not agree. I read hundreds of feedback posts and also I tested the SJ5000+ model a lot.

enjoy,
Mtz

That's why I said "If", they have a chance yet failed to wow with the SJ5000. Maybe potential is a better word.

Great discussion thread @Mtz
I am always an optimist, however somehow I doubt SJCAM will manage to survive. I really hope they will. They showed they can make great stuff, but they also showed greed. Rushing out a product like this with price increase, bad customer support and unfinished firmware is unacceptable. Obviously they need a leader and better management. It seams that their developers are doing good job, but they are probably pushed too hard by managers. I am just assuming.

They lost lots of customers with sj5000. You never know, maybe they learned on their mistakes and failures. Its not the first company that failed with a product though. We have yet to see. If they invested large portion of capital in sj5000 maybe they wont be able to get the crisis through.

Xiaomi is already a reputable big brand company which is now in line with Samsung and other multinational brands. They are like Chinese Apple, but unlike real one, they are more affordable.

What I am really interested in are young companies, who are just starting out with products.

Anyone knows such brand?

Xiaomi is so big now; I'm excited for their new $60 GoPro like action cam coming out hopefully soon.

There are many reputable manufacturers. I know in bicycle trials world, "Echo" is very well known for their superb quality with high quality welding of their trials frames. Not to mention how cheap the price is even imported direct.

I was just thinking, perhaps Dazzne can be on the list.

For sure Huawei is one of the well known high-end Chinese brands. The only personal experience I had with Huawei 3G modem, but I have my eyes on Huawei Ascend Mate7 mobile phone after reading dozens of positive reviews where most specs and functionality fit my bill. The only thing doesnt fit my bill is a price, but you get what you pay ;)

For sure Huawei is one of the well known high-end Chinese brands. The only personal experience I had with Huawei 3G modem, but I have my eyes on Huawei Ascend Mate7 mobile phone after reading dozens of positive reviews where most specs and functionality fit my bill. The only thing doesnt fit my bill is a price, but you get what you pay ;)

I just got the Huawei Mate 7 a week ago, very impressed

I like what INNOVV is doing. They present something different and seems like they listen to customer feedback and work towards a better product as opposed to better marketing of an existing product?

I like what INNOVV is doing. They present something different and seems like they listen to customer feedback and work towards a better product as opposed to better marketing of an existing product?

@RockThinking is quite dedicated to improving his brand

I just got the Huawei Mate 7 a week ago, very impressed
Again you read my mind, or I read yours ? [emoji6]
I will wait your feedback in few month and maybe will get one myself.

Again you read my mind, or I read yours ? [emoji6]
I will wait your feedback in few month and maybe will get one myself.

yeah I think it was a good buy, I looked at it in China a few months ago but couldn't find a working one to have a proper look, stores only had dummy samples on display, I did research it for a few weeks before buying and decided I'd take a punt and see how it went, I wasn't expecting it to be too polished and maybe have a few rough edges but I have to say it's way better than I expected, battery life is fantastic too, I use it all day and at the end of the day it still has more charge in it than my iPhone 5 which I also have with me but barely touch now

yeah I think it was a good buy, I looked at it in China a few months ago but couldn't find a working one to have a proper look, stores only had dummy samples on display, I did research it for a few weeks before buying and decided I'd take a punt and see how it went, I wasn't expecting it to be too polished and maybe have a few rough edges but I have to say it's way better than I expected, battery life is fantastic too, I use it all day and at the end of the day it still has more charge in it than my iPhone 5 which I also have with me but barely touch now
All your geedback is almost exactly the same I read from beta testers and reviewers.
Also one important thing (for me) is having Dual SIM, which it has. This way I dont have to carry work and personal phones together. For you I believe you need phone with quad-sim ? :)

I wonder if Huawei have plans to expand to dashcam market?

I actually bought the single SIM version, was a promo on which made it $300 cheaper than the dual SIM model, was at the point where it was cheap enough to tempt me to try it out

Thank you @jokiin, you tagged me to the thread. :)

This is a very interesting thread of talking about Chinese brand, that include Huawei and Xiaomi.
For sure both are well known brands in China, especial Xiaomi in the tech news everyday, I would like to say, I do not like Xiaomi and never touch its product so far, especial when I heard the news, Xiaomi branded air refresher product was the 100% copy of the product from a Japan company, which was designed years before.

From my point, The products Xiaomi made is taking from existing products and branded it, then selling in low possible price, and there are hundred employees hired are discussing online how good these products are. this business mode could not build any competition advantage, you can see Huawei and other Mobile companies are selling better products in lower price than Xiaomi, there is no reason people need to buy Xiaomi mobile phone again, On other hand, like Xiaomi TV, if could not sell a huge of products, with how it can live?

You never see innovations, attractive design and development from Xiaomi, people like it only because it is low possible price, that cut off the margin from manufacturers, who will not able to support the expensive R&D cost, but when you look at Apple, IBM, Google, Huawei, you will see how many investment in R&D, they take years to create something new, that is the competition advantage other can not copy. ;););)

Xiaomi action camera, is it not other clone of GoPro in low possible price? Did you find anything new there?

Xiaomi seem to have a better reputation for the phones in markets outside of China, I know they do lots of business in China because it's a huge market, doesn't mean it's the best product though and I have plenty of Chinese friends that don't think their product is that good

The action camera looks like it performs well, as you say though it's just a low cost copy of someone else's design, people that buy GoPro will most likely still buy GoPro regardless, the Xiaomi camera is more likely just take away the sales of the other China market GoPro copies

Back