Rear cam - my Subaru XV side swiped by 18 wheeler

I too immediately went back to the video to see if he was one of those truck drivers with the spike lug nuts. That's intense - guessing somewhere in the 4k range to fix; depending on whats going in with that back door.

That's scary. Doesn't the truck have big blind spot mirrors?

I always get little nervous when I have to drive along side big trucks and there's no room to pass nor slow down.

You can see the blind spot mirror with indicator build into it, it's round and directly under the big side view mirror. It would only have shown the car pulling into the motorway and not the OP's car since it was in front of the truck.

Never get in trucks blind spots, or spend time at their sides, and be wary of where they are always. If other cars are Making you stuck to the side of a truck when you are following them, then you are not keeping a 3 second gap. Adjust your driving.

i see damage to the crash bar in the door, so it'll be an entire new door, just reuse the glass and interior panel, and maybe weatherstrip, speaker and window motor/regulator. alloy wheel will probably have to be replaced too, and if there are cuts on the sidewall of the tire, it'll have to go too. and of course check suspension/alignment. i ended up having a bent wheel after that tundra ran into the side of me in what amounts to a similar accident. unfortunately my aftermarket BBS rims couldn't be matched nor repaired, so i ended up buying an entire set of rims off craigslist - off a nissan maxima. they look decent on my camry. :)

You can see the blind spot mirror with indicator build into it, it's round and directly under the big side view mirror. It would only have shown the car pulling into the motorway and not the OP's car since it was in front of the truck.

Never get in trucks blind spots, or spend time at their sides, and be wary of where they are always. If other cars are Making you stuck to the side of a truck when you are following them, then you are not keeping a 3 second gap. Adjust your driving.
i make it a point to never camp out next to a trailer of any kind. even if it's a little tiny 4 foot-square utility trailer behind a civic or something. sure, it annoys drivers behind me when i brake to get away from a truck i cannot pass, but i'd rather have someone be annoyed at me than have a bent car, or worse...

i make it a point to never camp out next to a trailer of any kind. even if it's a little tiny 4 foot-square utility trailer behind a civic or something. sure, it annoys drivers behind me when i brake to get away from a truck i cannot pass, but i'd rather have someone be annoyed at me than have a bent car, or worse...
Smart

3 second?
In rush hour, it's bumper to bumper with vehicles all around.
You leave 3 second gap and it'll fill up right away anyways.

don't own one now but have owned 4 of them previously, great cars
Other then the fact that I can't tow anything (Family member uses a Mobility scooter that I wish I could tow around) and wishing I had just a little more power I am pretty happy with mine. I kind of wished that I would have known that the WRX was coming with Eyesight for 2016, but maybe i'll trade up in a few years.

Continuously Variable Transmission.
I enjoy mine as well although I wish I had the S Drive thing like the international Legacy has where you can turn the shift points on or off for the CVT. The US spec does not have it.
Mine has a JDM Legacy grill as well so that's why it looks a little different.

power was fine for me, all 4 were turbo, 2 x Forester XT, 2 x WRX, not sure what the non turbo models drive like

power was fine for me, all 4 were turbo, 2 x Forester XT
Mine is the Non Turbo 4 at about 175HP it is a little peppy, but I could use just a little more.

I am considering selling my Camaro and picking up and automatic turbo XT

Many trucks will have a wide angle mirror on at least the passenger side corner of the hood, or on the fenders, often both. It's really more important to have one on a truck like that, with a long, flat, hood, that doesn't slope at all. If you don't have a corner or fender mirror, you still have to compensate for it with more caution, and vigilance. I think he could have seen some part of the Subaru, if he looked, and if he was paying adequate attention, he would have been mentally keeping track of your car.
Maybe was even on the cellphone.
I would have called the cops and attempted to get an accident report.

I am considering selling my Camaro and picking up and automatic turbo XT

I've had 1 auto XT and 1 manual, the manual trans is a lot more enjoyable, they basically drive like the WRX but a bit behind on handling and braking compared to the WRX, performance is very similar though

Many trucks will have a wide angle mirror on at least the passenger side corner of the hood, or on the fenders, often both. It's really more important to have one on a truck like that, with a long, flat, hood, that doesn't slope at all. If you don't have a corner or fender mirror, you still have to compensate for it with more caution, and vigilance. I think he could have seen some part of the Subaru, if he looked, and if he was paying adequate attention, he would have been mentally keeping track of your car.
Maybe was even on the cellphone.
I would have called the cops and attempted to get an accident report.
^^+1

Back