Reckless driver gets pissed and blames victim until the DashCam is pointed out.

They're both idiots. Truck guy sped up when he saw red car about to overtake him.

They're both idiots. Truck guy sped up when he saw red car about to overtake him.
Hehe... men don't back down when someone wants to overtake you. :D

Now i looked it again with sounds and it appears that you are right, there really is two to blame, other for not paying attention and the other for being a bonehead.
But this is borderline case at police point of view, he was in fact driving in his lane of course, but he is one reason how this accident occurred.
This is actually good example of many accidents, in many times both parties could prevent accident if they are driving like they should, but if you put two assholes together this is what you get, totally waste of time and money for both sides and for what...for nothing.

My take on his acceleration was not to be a jerk. He was accelerating because he had just slowed down for the people in front of him turning, then he sped up to whatever speed the rest of traffic was doing and the red car just came on over without looking. Then the red car allowed himself to crash into the building for some reason... He could have easily stopped himself probably even before he got up on the sidewalk.

My take on his acceleration was not to be a jerk. He was accelerating because he had just slowed down for the people in front of him turning, then he sped up to whatever speed the rest of traffic was doing and the red car just came on over without looking. Then the red car allowed himself to crash into the building for some reason... He could have easily stopped himself probably even before he got up on the sidewalk.

red car driver sees van turning the corner in peripheral vision, doesn't even think that other cars may be travelling straight ahead after, guy in the 4wd accelerating at a normal pace after being initially slowed by the van in front turning. guy in the red car moves over without checking, the guy in the red car will take the blame and rightly so

Red car driver could not see in the side or main RV mirror, because of this :)

driver 3.jpg

not sure how it works in your part of the world but in Australia the red car will get the ticket and 100% of the blame, insurance liability etc
I think here with this video evidence result would be that red car is to blame and he pays everything (by insurance) but i think this black car driver would have ticket too, and reason would be "liian suuri tilannenopeus" this is translated something like "too fast speed at the circumstances".
But it makes me wonder, is owner of that black car happy now, of course his car will be fixed but he will lose a few hours of his time no matter how you look at it.
And all that because of one dude he didn't even know.

There was no reason for dash cam guy to accelerate. Watch video again and pay not attention to the truck or red car. Look at the traffic in front of that lane. It was coming to a complete stop. No need to accelerate.

This is a perfect example of one video and people can see different things :D

Every video post thread I've made similar to this type of incident seems to generate two opinions, always interesting.

Yes, that's because there is wise readers and not so wise readers:p

Here the 4x4 would have gotten the blame, the little red car is in front so the 4x4 should make room for him.

BUT ! if any one is to call our law stupid i will not be the one to argue :D you see this very law get abused here every day, ppl force ther way thry ( on either side it please them ) to get a little ahead of you, and then its your job to back off for such douchebags.

To me it dont sound like the 4x4 speed more up than he would normally do off the line, and even if he had not been speeding up the little red car is really cutting it close.
For sure the guy in the little red car would do good with a attitude adjustment, falling back while indicating is the safest way to merge with other traffic as it give the person behind the car you wish to merge in behind ample time to see you indicating and fall back a little to make room for you.

Overtaking to merge just make you come off as a douchebag and is a lot unsafer as most ppl are less aware of things comming up fast from behind them.

Is that a radio scanner antenna or just an FM one? I have noticed that on a quite a few AUS cars.

Is that a radio scanner antenna or just an FM one? I have noticed that on a quite a few AUS cars.

on the front of the 4WD? that's a UHF CB radio antenna they're popular still with the off road crowd

update on this story, red car guy has no insurance

on the front of the 4WD? that's a UHF CB radio antenna they're popular still with the off road crowd
Yeah and we don't have the same kind of CB service here so that might explain why I don't see them often. Here

CB service is in a rather low band and more often then not you need a tall antenna to get anywhere. Most people mount them on the roof or if they have a truck on the bed rail.

update on this story, red car guy has no insurance
Imagine that.
No insurance seems to be a big problem in other parts of the world. I am sure it happens here, but it is not mentioned anywhere near as much.

They stop quite a few cars here and very rarely do I hear expired or photo id only or insurance cancellation.

Where as on the UK show Motorway Cops it seems more often then not drivers they stop don't have any insurance.

With a little knowledge is possible to remove the limitation on the VFO (variable frequency oscillator ) on most VHF/UHF radios, i had this done to the 2 i owned, so not only was i able to listen to a lot of channels i was allso capable of transmitting on most of those channels.

PS. if i was to become a aussie i would allso have a huge ass HF antenna on my 4x4

No insurence :rolleyes:

Back