Reckless driver gets pissed and blames victim until the DashCam is pointed out.

there's two types of insurance, one comes with the vehicle registration, you can't drive or register the vehicle without that, that just covers personal injury

for the damage caused there's other types of insurance, 3rd party (just pay for others) or comprehensive (pays for yours and theirs), neither of these are compulsory though

have kinda the same here, cheap one cover person damage and other car damage, expensive one cover it all including your own damage.

And neither are compulsory here, so if you have lost your licence to DUI and have your car taken, you can allways go buy another one :rolleyes:

Normally that kind of ppl just put some stolen plates on ther car, became so bad they had to make an new law saying plates now have to be bolted / glued / welded to your car :D ( bolted at least )

Without targeting specific users, it's always funny to see how people start blaming the no fault car after looking at the video at the luxury of their computer chair.
That has happened many times in DCT.

I think some people here just own dashcam without ever owning a car. :D
Because someone who has driven will know they don't have the luxury of watching an accident after it happened and preventing it.
Time travel doesn't exist yet.

The driver may never even think the other car is coming over.
He maybe looking at the pedestrians on the left side for a split moment.
Even when he knew, he's not a Flash to react that fast to prevent a collision.
And also dashcam videos show objects farther and slower than they actually are.

We do have funny people here. ;)

:p there is a lot of armchair judges out there.
I do my best not to comment on other ppls own dashcam footage, or at least not be too serious about it.
I sure as hell dont want to get into a argument about it, that to me is pretty invane, not least if its footage from a country i have little knowlege about.

Will definitely explain why he wanted to shift the blame. :eek:

oh yeah, even had some bossy friend call the 4wd guy up and was trying to convince him that he should take the blame and put it through his insurance, unbelievable

I think people without insurance should be immediately arrested and suspend their license for 6 months (unless it's just expired).
If they don't have $$$ to pay, they need to be sent to prison work/earn program to pay victims.
Minimum liability is a must.

When I was in Dallas, cops had new program.
If they stop someone and driver can't prove he/she has insurance, the car is towed right there to impound if there is no other passenger who can drive and has insurane.
i.e. no further risking others and that should be done everywhere as who knows the driver who just got a ticket for having no insurance and allowed to drive will hit someone a mile away.

Most other states just give ticket but still let the driver drive the car.

i was glad i could pull up my insurance card on my phone (usaa) - when i was in a wreck in november, i couldn't find my insurance card in the car. i wasn't at fault, and the cop agreed, but i still needed to show him proof of insurance.

Back