Recording Question

not comparing the two units per say, but more I want to maximise card use to cover a days work (10 hours) however I want to be able to record at a quality that still records details from road signs to help the student and number plates if a collision happens. ( i hope i am making enough sense, as its late at night for me so maybe not replying the best way)

if you want detail you're not going to get 10 hours out of 1 card in dual channel at anything less than 128GB

maybe look at the Lukas cameras also, at least they have better video quality and support large cards, not sure if they support viewing while recording but maybe @Calgary Dash Camera - Robert could answer that question

Unfortunately Lukas stops recording while you watch when it comes to their non wifi units.
I actually am unsure about the wifi enables Lukas camera. Let me check on this when I get back to my office tonight.

Although the F750 is my first dashcam I did research before buying and I have taken interest in the forum posts for other dashcams. IMO the F750 is great for people who want a dual camera system with decent functioning parking mode (based on people complaints about other dashcams' not-so-decent mode). Due to the fact that both front and rear cameras are 1080p 30fps, a 128GB card only handles about 8 hours of continuous recording before overwriting files, since the system 'partitions' the card to reserve space for other types (motion and shock detected recording as well as manual). The mobile and PC apps are adequate but nothing special compared to other brands (based on what I have read). But most of all I get the feeling that it is designed more for people (like me) who almost want a 'fit and forget' system whereby video is only viewed occasionally because of a reason, such as having had an incident whilst driving or coming back to the car after parking and finding damage. I only ever view my recordings by removing the card and taking it to my PC. I once tried using a tablet to try to view recordings via the mobile app and found it slow and cumbersome. I cannot believe that other dashcams are not better in this regard. I think the F750 is a great dashcam but I feel sure that there must be others available which are far more suitable for a driving instructor who might need to view the recordings regularly and whilst in the car. I'd have thought as a minimum a dashcam with an integral LCD screen would be needed, to at least identify the correct recording before downloading it.

Wow, I only just viewed the clip. I cannot believe that the cyclist was not actually looking ahead!

I emailed thinkware support, got a repy today.

"Hi Mark,

Thank you for contacting Thinkware support and thank you for your question.

I can confirm that if an incident occurs when you are viewing a clip, it will not record the incident.

Viewing a clip will take the camera out of recording mode so there will be no recroding taking place, either constant or parking mode.

Thanks"

so there you go.

Back