Recording related questions

Screen name taken

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Dash Cam
70mai Dash Cam Pro
1) Using a 32gb card I find this confusing, could someone please explain to me why when I set the resolution to 1920x180 the cam states I have 2h56m25sec recoding time and when set to 720p 1280x720 I have1h28m 09sec recording time? I thought the 1920 setting was of a better quality and thus give me less time to record on the card.

2) Both seem rather short in recording time too . When recording at 1920 I find the files are 15771 Kbps thus 15.4013672 Mbps. Using the recording time calculator on this web site it suggests I should be getting around 4.7 hours recording time on my card. Is there a reason for this discrepancy?

3) Another question begin in Europe I use the PAL setting, but should I be using 50 or 60 Hz frequency?

1) Using a 32gb card I find this confusing, could someone please explain to me why when I set the resolution to 1920x180 the cam states I have 2h56m25sec recoding time and when set to 720p 1280x720 I have1h28m 09sec recording time? I thought the 1920 setting was of a better quality and thus give me less time to record on the card.

2) Both seem rather short in recording time too . When recording at 1920 I find the files are 15771 Kbps thus 15.4013672 Mbps. Using the recording time calculator on this web site it suggests I should be getting around 4.7 hours recording time on my card. Is there a reason for this discrepancy?

3) Another question begin in Europe I use the PAL setting, but should I be using 50 or 60 Hz frequency?

50Hz.

Possibly the 720 is doing 60fps as oppose to the 1080 doing 30fps?

What format does it output and what size is a 3 mins file?

G1W does not do real 60fps as far as I know. 3 min clips should be in the 372 Meg range at 15.7 Mbit/s which should give roughly 4 hours recording time.

There are fake g1Ws. So just confirming...

here is a screen capture of a file. With HDR and sound on. The frame rate is 30 sec the figs in front are from the screen capture window size, so that can be ignored.
Sorry to sound so dumb on this :(

Attachments

• screen1.jpg
    screen1.jpg
    213.2 KB · Views: 16
And here is the screen shot of the file details of the lower 1280x 720.
Hopes this helps someone to answer my questions

Attachments

• screen2.jpg
    screen2.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 11
From screen1 point of view looks legit

i am just disappointed in the length of time i can record on each card. At present I am on way way through Europe and I wanted to record a day or most of a day on one card. I tried to purchase a 64Gb card but the shop was sent a normal one not a micro one. I have some nice footage to share when I get around to adding them to YT channel

I use a 32mb SanDisk tf card and can record over 5 hours of video when set to 1080p.

Did you try formatting the card?

I have a new G1W-C, and the limit to 32gb memory for a 4 hour recording time is the one negative. I wanted a way to capture footage if my vehicle was burglarized during the night, and unless I wake up and check my car regularly, the break-in footage would get overwritten. (motion detect and g-shock turned off per the forum recommendations)
I'm wondering if I should have bought a unit that accepts 64gb cards? Anyone else have this problem?

I have a new G1W-C, and the limit to 32gb memory for a 4 hour recording time is the one negative. I wanted a way to capture footage if my vehicle was burglarized during the night, and unless I wake up and check my car regularly, the break-in footage would get overwritten. (motion detect and g-shock turned off per the forum recommendations)
I'm wondering if I should have bought a unit that accepts 64gb cards? Anyone else have this problem?
There's one more problem for using it as a security camera for break ins
http://www.techmoan.com/blog/2013/6...is-best-for-catching-a-vandal-in-the-act.html

Thanks GJHS!!! That cleared up my recording length dilemma............don't use the dashcam as a vandal-cam!

Now I have to see if my capacitor model G1W losing the date settings is a daily occurrence or a one time fault.

Back