Recordings stop until next start

CoreForce

Reaction score
Country
Switzerland
Occasionally I observe a sudden stop in the middle of a recoding while driving.
The recoding continues normal with the next start of the car only.

Is this something others observe as well?

Audio alerts are turned on but there is no alert observed in that situation.
I can see that the recoding stopped only after checking the recordings.

It happened to me with different SD cards from different vendors, using high quality SanDIsk Extreme or Samsung EVO plus.
Firmware is updated to latest V1.2_20230413.
One suspicion I have that it is related to WDR mode being active.

Is your car stop/start ?

Is your car stop/start ?
Yes. But recordings stop in the middle of the drive, in motion on a long road, not after a start/stop condition.
Start/Stop I see no issue with. Recoding goes on continuously as normal, there is no interruption from start/stop cycles.
Also, after a period with ignition on only, then engine start, the recoding recycles as expected but records normal after that.

What you could do, if you can, is plug it in indoors on a USB mobile phone charger.

That will determine whether its a power issue.

If it still stops then you need another SDCard and watch for a high spec one for 4k video with high write speed, over 50Mbps.

SanDisk Extreme should be fine, right?

Cam is connected to the 12V port, while in drive I would not expect power issues.
However, if it would be the case, I would expect the cam to come back on after a few seconds during the drive. But that is not the case, the recordings start again with next engine start only.

I've never used SanDisk in any of my dashcams as quite a few manufacturers advise against. No idea why.

I'm still using a Samsung 128Gb Evo Plus that is now almost 5 years old and still working without issue.

All I do is bring the whole dash cam indoors, plug it into the PC and Cut/Paste to a PC saved folder. I can't remember the last time I even formatted the card.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
G A229 / A229 Duo 4
F A229 / A229 Duo 13
Back