Red light not flashing steadily

Rajagra

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Mini0806
Has anyone else noticed this happening? While recording the flashing sometimes pauses - either staying off or staying on for a couple of seconds, then continuing as normal.

I've noticed it out of the corner of my eye a few times in the past and convinced myself it was just the end of one file and the start of another, and might be normal.

But today I watched the elapsed recording time counter, and instead of going up every second, it was sometimes going up in two second intervals. Shortly after when I stopped recording it gave a message like "card un-optimal, format?" I allowed it to format since there was nothing needed on the card. It seemed to return to normal. This was a 32GB Kingston card and had been formatted in the last week.

It seems like a card speed issue, but the odd thing is it doesn't seem to lose any recordings.

Not a major issue, just wanted to report it and wondered if anyone else has seen it.

In my year here, in vast majority of the time, problems either seem related to the card in use or the battery. You may want to try another brand of card like the Samsung Pro + 64 which is regularly recommended here and see if that make your problem go away.

Back