Red light or stop sign?

They are not watching the light, they are watching the oncoming traffic. They move, I do too!
Guy behind him is obviously in La, la land, too!

I've seen that few times, specially when the light doesn't turn green forever.
They know there is no camera so...

I sent a link to this video to an email address provided by this company's website. If I don't hear anything back in a few days I may send the link to a local TV news station. I doubt if anything would happen since its not a big deal, but we have an "investigative reporter" here who can be very entertaining when chasing down wrong doers.

I sent a link to this video to an email address provided by this company's website. If I don't hear anything back in a few days I may send the link to a local TV news station. I doubt if anything would happen since its not a big deal, but we have an "investigative reporter" here who can be very entertaining when chasing down wrong doers.

The number of morons I've reported to their companies & none of them ever come back - even just to say "thanks, we'll deal with"

You really can't see anything if you're behind a big truck like that. I once ran a red light before following a truck like that, single lane, couldn't see the light. I would have had to be back insanely far in order to see the light. Also I have run red lights before that sit red for 8 minutes with no oncoming traffic. There is a light like that near me and I always run it, I just double check for traffic and then off I go.

Were you able to see his number plate from the video?
I watched it in HD and can't see his number plate even though his number plate is to the left of the rear end of his trailer, seemed to me he has ghost plates or worn out number plate, how convenient....
I had an incident recently where I went to review footage and get a number plate of one of the cars that went by me (10kph faster) I couldn't get the plate reading on cars that had their number plate in the middle, but I could identify the plate of ones who had their plate to the side closest to me (ute/pick up trucks) I had since moved my dash cam from the middle of the windscreen to near the A pillar. Actually it is now 2 feet closer to passing vehicles and 2 feet lower as well, I shall retest it to see how well it will read licence plates now.

Shouldn't he have DO NOT OVERTAKE TURNING VEHICLE signs at the back??

When I cycled to work(country truck driving) I used to do start/finish in weird times of the day/night and one traffic light in an industrial area would not sense bikes so I used to run through that light after stopping.

I've seen it many times before. You should adjust your camera so that it shows very little sky. The sky will mess with the white balance. More sky = darker picture = harder to read plates. It might not look right having the view with a lot of dash but it is better. Make sure to have enough sky in order to see traffic lights, etc

Back