Removing 0806 from mount

rob2278

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is there a trick I'm missing in removing the camera from the mount? Feels like its on the verge of breaking apart when I try to remove it.

Just pull.
Definitely seems to get easier with time though, I guess the mating parts wear into each other better...

Try to pull it straight so as not to damage the plastic if it needs much force and maybe wiggle it slightly side to side. Some of them are very stiff the first few times but better to become perfect after a few uses than start perfect and become loose.

I had the same problem.
You have to hold the mount and pull camera straight out.
If you sit on driver seat and try to pull the camera out to other direction, it'll be very difficult and may break the mount.

I had a similar problem. The first time it took all of my strength to pull it out so I sat there and did it again a couple times to loosen it up. This worked a little, but not as much as I had hoped.

The trick I used was this Silicon-based Gun Lube i had lying around for my rifle. Since it is Silicon it won't mar Plastics, and it does not interfere with electronics.

So i sprayed a little on my finger and rubbed the tiniest amount on the sides where the camera slides into the mount and it worked like a charm. It goes in smoothly, backs out smoothly. When it was in there, it was very tight like before.

Your mileage may vary, so good luck. This is only my experience so i have to disclaim any involvement in damaging your electronics if you decide to do this yourself.

Thanks!

I saw on another post to use dental floss and slide it underneath in a sawing motion but I used a very fine nylon string instead and it worked fairly well. Be patient and don't force it until you feel there's enough give from the glue.

Back