Renaming the WiFi on Viofo cameras (specifically T130)

Xamu

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Viofo A119 V3, Viofo T130, Viofo T130
I have a pair of Viofo T130 cameras and of course each has a different WiFi name. But they're long and not very easy to distinguish from the other.

I would like to rename them T130 Front and T130 Rear but I'm concerned that may somehow cause a problem. Am I overthinking this and everything will be fine if I change the names?

You can change the WiFi name in the settings and there is no influence.
I have a pair of Viofo T130 cameras and of course each has a different WiFi name. But they're long and not very easy to distinguish from the other.

I would like to rename them T130 Front and T130 Rear but I'm concerned that may somehow cause a problem. Am I overthinking this and everything will be fine if I change the names?

The biggest problem with changing the wifi name is that the name you gave it goes away when you update the firmware.

That may not be the biggest problem. I changed the names this morning and tried connecting this evening.

Connecting... [Voice: WiFi connecting]
Authenticating...
Authentication problem
Authenticating...
Disconnected
Authenticating...

Never did get it to connect. :(

Now I'm wondering how I can get to the menu to reset it since I can't connect with my device. :unsure:

Please long-press the WiFi and MIC buttons at the same time for seconds to reset the camera and then have a try.
That may not be the biggest problem. I changed the names this morning and tried connecting this evening.

Authenticating...
Authentication problem
Authenticating...
Disconnected
Authenticating...

Never did get it to connect. :(

Now I'm wondering how I can get to the menu to reset it since I can't connect with my device. :unsure:

Back