[Resolved] G90 a70 Chipset bricked.

This card died on me yesterday, it lasted 15 months, worked continuously 5 days a week about 8 hours per day.
Card goes read only mode, impossible to format or what ever, i understand that it's gone for good
"Micro SD cards work on Flash NAND memory, which becomes read-only after a certain number of program-erase cycles."
http://www.dx.com/p/kingston-64gb-microsdxc-class-10-flash-memory-card-with-sd-adapter-852313831

This was first card that did this to me, but then again this is first card i have used that long period of time continuously, previously i've had smaller cards and some rotation between them.

This card died on me yesterday, it lasted 15 months, worked continuously 5 days a week about 8 hours per day.
Card goes read only mode, impossible to format or what ever, i understand that it's gone for good
"Micro SD cards work on Flash NAND memory, which becomes read-only after a certain number of program-erase cycles."
http://www.dx.com/p/kingston-64gb-microsdxc-class-10-flash-memory-card-with-sd-adapter-852313831

This was first card that did this to me, but then again this is first card i have used that long period of time continuously, previously i've had smaller cards and some rotation between them.
Only if we could know the 2nd last write cycle, we could save some pictures or videos as hard drive. ;)

People, hello.
Do not tell me on the G90S sd card 64GB will work fine? Reported - up to 32 GB.
Yes, 64 GB works fine; make sure your card is original and not some fake.
Yes, I can also confirm that a 64GB microSD works fine in a G90 with the A7LA70 chipset.

Only if we could know the 2nd last write cycle, we could save some pictures or videos as hard drive. ;)
Actually it's interesting because last files are still on the disk, you can copy and read them but you can't delete them.
I'm not sure but i read somewhere that this is planned feature when this happend to card.
But first it was confusing because when (in windows explorer) i deleted files they disappeared ok but next time i put card in files were there again...:)

I did fast math and i think that camera has written about 28800 5min files on that card, i don't know is this normal life cycle of tf card or not.

Success. got the cam to boot up using some added instructions @Tobi@s sent me. it involved adding some drivers in legacy mode first to the computer, then the computer was able to recognize the cam upon plugging in the cam whilst pressing the left arrow (facing the screen) and it booted. firmware instlled.

NOW i have another issue: there is a white block on one side.

the recorded footage does not show this box which is not bad as it rules out the sensor, but how is this corrected? is the screen not fixable? ever seen this before?

could a ribbon cable inside be loose?
Are you kiding me ? what driver did you install this time ? I read 3 page and still stuck. :(
why did you just write it out.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Hilts G90 142
Back